93 mx3 klze problems no spark at spark plugs, vacuum hoses

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

93 mx3 klze problems no spark at spark plugs, vacuum hoses

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i have dont the swap. well i am almost done with it. and the reasons im not done with it it because im stuck. i have the curve neck intake manifold. everything is hooked up. i get no spark to the spark plugs. and im really freakin confused with the vacuum hoses. i cant find a hose diagram for the mx3 with klze. or the klze with the curve neck. right now i am wayy more worried about the whole vacuum hose thing. i am working as fast as i can to get this done now. i am growing impatient with every turn and every time i turn the key and it doesnt start. PLEASE HELP!!
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Re: 93 mx3 klze problems no spark at spark plugs, vacuum hoses

Post by SpatialTerror »

and also. if there is someone from my area emmett, boise meridian, nampa, caldwell, or eagle area that knows how to help me i would be willing to give you 30 bucks 2 drive to my house and show me how the vacuum hoses go together. just pm me with your name and phone number
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm a 4 cyl guy, but the vac lines should not have any impact on spark. If they are wrong, it would probably just die at idle. Check the worklogs and maybe search for the topic: lets see your engine bays.. or something like that for some vac line pics.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so these are the picture of the vacume line ports and stuff that i cant figure out
PIC #1:
the thing for cruise controle has a little port on the top of it for a small vacume hose. and it originally ran into the side of the intake manifold. but on this new one there is no port for it. it is not a big deal if i dont have cruise controle. but if i can where do i hook it up at

PIC #2:
ok this is a vacuum hose that comes out of the back of the new intake manifold by the VRIS solinoids. where does it hook.

PIC #3:
ok this is a picture of my throttle body. there are 2 vacume ports on it. where do they hook to.

PIC #4:
the thing in this picture i cant figure out is the thing with the little vacume lines. this thing normally goes on the back of the intake manifild behind the throttle body. where do the vacuum lines hook up.

PIC #5:
ok this is my brake fluid. notice the hose running out of the side. where does it hook.

these are my vacume troubles
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok i found 2 more things i dont know where they go.

as you can tell its by the air filter

and this hose. it runs to a thing that look alot like the thing in the first picture.
and that thing it runs to runs to the thing with charcol in it.
SpatialTerror
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Ok,

- Pic #2 goes with #5. That hose goes to your brake booster.

- Also, here is a vacuum diagram that should be helpful for you: http://www.mx6.com/forums/general-autom ... agram.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- That "thingy" that is next to your air filter is the FPRC solenoid (you'll see it as PRC solenoid valve in the vacuum diagram above).

- As far as pic 1, I'm pretty sure that the vacuum hose that comes from the cruise control module and goes in on the other side of the IM (the nipple should be on the right side of the front IM runner near the bottom). This may be for a DE but I'm not 100%. Either way, it just needs a vacuum source.

Hope this is enought to get your going. Good luck, cuz the vac lines are a b**** to route. You may want to just run fresh lines anyway.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

PIC 3 is youe IAC. those arent vac lines, they are for coolant. One coolant line comes off the rear cyl head underneith the TB. I think the second line comes off the thermostat housing.

PIC 4 is EGR. if you have a true ZE there and not a millenia motor, it dosent have EGR, so dont pulg them in or run vacuum to them.
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok thanks for the help so far. so for my pressure regulator control on this intake mainfold, the pr runs from the fuel rail strait into the intake mainfold. so do i just leave the prc unhooked?
and i can unhook egrs.
and i figured out the brake booster.
ok but my last question is where would i plug in my cruise control vacume line.
it used to go right into the side of the neck on the intake manifold that ran to my #2 piston.
and how do i know if i got a real klze. i pulled the valve cover and the cams have kl-01 on them. arent they supposed to say like kl-21 or something like that? and there is no vin on the motor.
ive read on how to tell and so far im prety convinced except for the cams. the heads have the right markings, this pistons are flat, and it is dead on the spec. weight of a 2.5l klze. then i talked to a guy from corksport about the cams. he said that it is a klze but i dont have the best cams.

anyways overall i need to get her running.
and im still not getting any spark. i pulled the cap on the distributor. and the rotar is cracked. and all the exposed metal is caroded
SpatialTerror
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

Replace the cap and rotor and clean all that corrosion off using isopropyl rubbing alcohol followed up with some contact cleaner and a rag. if the contacts are corroded in the distributor then there will be no spark so get that cleaned up first and then retest for spark. If you still don't have any spark then its a pretty good chance that the distributor is bad. See the external coil writeup to fix that problem unless u can get a 2nd distributor for cheap. You may have to tap into a vac line for the cruise control to work, I have not done the swap myself as of yet but if there is no nipple there then that may be your only option.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok thanks. i have a new cap and rotor ordered. i will replace them .test it. and if it doesnt work. i will buy a new distributor. i also tested each wire on both plugs so it is not a problem with the ecu
SpatialTerror
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Judging by pic #1, you should def buy some new spark plug wires. Elec tape may not be the best solution for that plug wire.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”