Car just died...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

Car just died...

Post by Gods Father »

i had my car (94 GS with KLZE swap) running outside for like maybe a half an hour or 45 mins...everything seemed fine when i got in...then i rolled out onto the street, went to start going and kind of stalled it or so i think, and it hasnt started since. I've been driving for about 2 weeks now. I finally got the engine in and running semi good, getting like 15 mpg so idk whats going on there.

the starters fine and it tries to crank and everything. I checked all the fuses and all the wiring and everything seems good. this is so vague i know, but I think its fuel related or spark but i dont know how i would determine which and why it would just cut out like that all of the sudden.

can anyone give me some ideas? or ways to figure it out?

Thanks guys,
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
solo_ryder

Re: Car just died...

Post by solo_ryder »

Good chance its the disty. Check for spark. Pull a spark plug and stick it in the plug wire and hold it above the motor. Get a buddy to crank it, you should see a nice spark on the en of the spark plug
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Not a V6 guy
But you might be running very rich. That would explain why you bogged and stalled out as well as the bad MPG.

Not that I have the correct answer here, but what ECU and MAF combo are you using?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, even running rich with the k8 ecu and je50 will no deter the car from running. I would say disty or fuel pump. Probably disty. Where you able to do the spark test/
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

no i didnt get a chance to...its snowin over here so im going to have to wait =/ i just dont understand the sudden end to the disty if thats the case...i was idling at like 2,000 rpm before it died =/ i never got a chance to take a look at everything just figured it was the timing...but i had another idea too which i dont want it to be and i didnt say anything about =] haha

this is what i did to make my straight neck fit: http://imgur.com/UyZeP.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which would increase the intake manifolds volume and probably screw up a lot of stuff =/ but i wanted to try it and it does work and run and everything it just ran rich which i still think i could adjust the timing and have it work...idk i got a lot of problems =/...

Also, as a side note just to see if you guys know...i have a fidanza flywheel and my starter kind of grinds with it every once in a while like the teeth arent lining up, is this common or is there any way to fix that?

thanks again guys
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Jesus, clean up that engine way, the wires are everywhere! The plug wires also don't like to be criss crossed.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”