DOHC vacuum Q.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MapaX5
antispam: No

DOHC vacuum Q.

Post by MapaX5 »

ok, so my car has been running crapppy. lol.
i went to check things out andfound a long vacum hose just...laying around.
it goes to a lil device right under the intake manifold (looks like boltedto the manifold, actually) and it sits below not directly, though) the tps, and right over the water lines that come from the fire wall. i have a pic of it. this device in turn get hosed to another device, on the pass side of the manifold. anyone w a dohc should be able to see this.
could someone help me identify this part? i have a poc of it, but dont know how to post on here... anyone willing to help me, i can email a pic of this.
Now, where is the VICS actuator? where does it actually go bolted up to the engine? what makes it open/close?
i know on the V6s its a lil thingie that goes on the top of the manifold, w a vacum hose to it. bt have no idea on the i4.
thanks guys, and sorry for the long post.
oh, i read the online manual, couldn't find it there...but would like to dl it...how can i?
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Mi|<E

Re: DOHC vacuum Q.

Post by Mi|<E »

The single solenoid on the firewall is for the charcoal canister.

Heres the vacuum diag in the online manual
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F1-007.gif
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

thanks! that diagram helped me completelly.
i tried reading the manual but didn't see anything about vacuum placements. didn't expect it to be on the fuel section. thanks again!
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Finch
Supporting Member

Post by Finch »

hounestly i had a vacum hose just dangling like that too... so one day while the car was running i plugged it into an open male adapter on my manifold and my car started running sooooo much better... you should try connecting the hose while the car is running and see if there is any improvment
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

I looked at that diagram, and I couldnt read it at all, comparared to this one that I found, I could locate everything, shows exactly where it is.
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-007.gif
It helped me a lot more than the other link..
93 Mazda MX-3 GS V6 24V 5 Speed

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”