Kelowna meet 2010 July 17th weekend

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Kelowna meet 2010 July 17th weekend

Post by Dali »

Well....I'm jumping the gun again :) I have emailed Kelowna city hall to see what is going to be booked for June and July in case anything big is going on there. So is there any plans that any of you have booked already for June or July. I beleive we were talking about the meet on Saturday July 17 and camping around that weekend. I just want to get a date set and have everyone show up again without having some of you not show due to a wedding or any other commitment's. So it's up to you guy's to post up a date you would like to shoot for or if there is not a weekend that will not work. The sooner the better....then we can all book our time off. As well once the date is set it won't change unless there is some big conflict where most of the member's cannot make it.
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Re: Kelowna meet 2010

Post by solo_ryder »

I am down for whatever as of now. Hopefully it will be a good year for BC and AB mx'ers
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well the only thing planned for next year in july is the on the 17th "Across the Lake Swim event" and then "scheduled in City Park in July is the Center of Gravity which runs from July 30-August 1" but we will have had the meet by then. I was told that anything could pop up, the swim on the 17th is in the morning and is over by time we meet up there just like this last year.
1993 White gs klze.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

After last year.....I'm so in!
I'm coming back june but just incase if we could keep this in july or after mid-june that would be great.
I guess it's my turn to get gifts from japan like monty&tylor did....I'll see what i can pull
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

Im game. But July may or may not work for... I might be flying for the cadets on the island... June would most likely work though
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea why not have it in June, still hot then and abit closer knowhatimean?
rece

Post by rece »

solo_ryder wrote:Yea why not have it in June, still hot then and abit closer knowhatimean?
Well, we plan it around a few BC MXers and the majority AB MXers and what can work for all of us. Also we like the later summer months due to the better chance of good weather.

Also some of the AB crew have been toying around with the idea of a different location for this years meet. We were thinking along the lines of a cabin on the lake somewhere as this would be easier to coordinate as opposed to the camping gongshow.

PS Monty/Tyler, i guess this is your notification that we are thinking of a different venue.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

lol, thanks for including us :) give tyler a phone call about what you guy's are planning on. were you thinking of somewhere else than kelowna or just getting the cabin instead of camping at kelowna.
1993 White gs klze.
rece

Post by rece »

we thought the cabin would be a good alternative due to the kidlets. really it has just been talk, but I guess we need to start planning something. as for the location, we were thinking somewhere other than Kelowna but still on a lake.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nakusp?
rece

Post by rece »

We are all open to ideas. I think that someone other than Tyler,Monty,Me, or James should take the lead and try to organize this. It is not as easy as we all make it look you know ;)
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I'd be alright with a different venue since Kelowna always seems to be such a gong-show to organize. Kelowna is definitely becoming a huge tourism hotspot, so everything is always booked and crowded. I've been to Nakusp before and it is a nice quiet little area. Just don't forget bug spray. I'll see what I can dig up for cabins in that area. As long as it doesn't involve off-roading to get to it. :lol:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

i don't know if any of you will be in fo cabins, ive looked for both place's and it's a minimum 2 night's and the cheapest is $175.00 per night. this is only for 6 people, a house is was out of anyones price limit. as well most of the other's will be camping abit away from the cabin. tyler and i were starting to check other spots but i think it will mostly be up to you ablerta people since you usually end up driving further.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Well, I did find some stuff that is doable but still on the pricey side. I found some vacation homes and cabins around Christina Lake, BC that looks nice but it would be dependant on if they would allow people to set up tents outside and things like that. Most of the rates I've seen are charged on a per-week basis. Still looking though. Kelowna would still be the nicest area just because there is so much more to do there. And plus, that Go Carting was awesome fun! :mrgreen:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
rece

Post by rece »

depending on everyonse ability to travel over the border, Jacki mentioned Koocanusa as they can accomodate all of our needs. The water is great, and can accomodate tents, trailers and cabins for those who want to go that direction. the costs are very reasonable for any of the options. basically I am trying to look at it as there will be a bunch of kids this year and to have options for everyone would be best.

here is the site if you want to check it out. the owners are a little redneck... see mullet... but they are nice and accomodating in a country bumpkin kind of way ;)

http://www.koocanusaresort.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

who CANT get across the border for reasons not told or no passport?
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”