Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP

Post by Mooneggs »

well everyone... I finally got this car running again! after replacing everything in the above post it still had a slight issue... so after just learning how crucial a fuel pump is from my other car... I swapped my gs fuel pump with an rs fuel pump (they are the same)... and guess what... it runs fantastic now!! I just went and passed emissions with flying colors! :froggie_red: :laugh: :mrgreen: :2thumbsup:

I'm so excited to actually be able to have a Daily Driver now... it's cool too that I have 2 ze's 8)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Stupendous!!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

car is running decent... has a slight problem right now with stumbling (same problem it had when the injectors went bad) but I think it's due to too much alcohol in the tank + ethanol from a full tank of gas...

I put a bottle of red Heet and it seems to be getting slightly better... if it's still having issues after another tank or so of gas I'll swap fuel rails out...

Anyhow... finally washed and vacuumed the car after probably a year haha... put my new license plate and ontrack cover on... I also fixed my front speakers by resoldering the wires on the connectors (they had gotten corroded)... I also went and adjusted my headlights last night and it's fantastic.

oh yes so I did swap in the bored out K8 TB and took a few pics to compare the bored out TB's (kl31 no IAC vs K8 with IAC).. as well as a few other random pics:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

well the DD is running fantastic other than the injector related problem. My plan is to send my spare set of ZE rails up to witchhunter and then get an AFPR and Walbro fuel pump (same setup as the other car)...

The thing that bothers me that after I replaced everything else the car is running amazing (even with the bogging problem) so I think that this car is faster than my other one... I mean it's a good problem to have but why the crap is the other one not as fast?! :crying: my DD will be faster than my race car! :freak:
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Sorry to bump but the fuel pump made a fairly large difference? I'm going to get one soon for my ZE as it feels like it's struggling a little up high. Down low it feels quite powerful.

I found that the MX6 fuel pump should be exactly the same (I think I might have asked you a while ago but it's now pretty much confirmed lol). Might get one soon. But that's strange how you're saying the daily driver is more powerful. Faster 1/4 too.

Does the race car also have a new fuel pump?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I believe the Race Car has a blown head gasket or misaligned/worn rings. I'm going to have to tear down the whole motor to see what is wrong with it - Something is definately not right so that's why the DD is "faster"...

The RC has a used walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive adjustable FPR and a racing fuel filter.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

You should do a compression check first before you tear in?? :shrug: The engine may be fine. :D
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

did a compression check - 195 across all cylinders, but I have enough excessive pressure that it's blowing the dipstick out and blowing the coolant out of the cooling system :crying:

Please post any other comments about this in the RC worklog here 8) http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... t=59560url" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "daily driver" IP 11/15 update

Post by Mooneggs »

so... a real update, something I haven't done in a few months.

So back in September, I did a massive inventory of all my parts and finally determined where everything is going to go on both cars. So this project means that everyone will be thoroughly confused about which car I'm talking about. :roll: :lol: I have all the details on a spreadsheet here: http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy34 ... -15-09.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took off all of the unique CF parts and swapped them to the RC. I got the JDM skirts put back together.
I painted my wiper arms. I painted the OEM cowl. I installed everything Eunos on the DD (steering wheel, SS sills, etc). I swapped front bumpers and installed the tow hook, JDM front lip and JDM sideskirts. Thanks to my dad for helping me to swap front bumpers and then install the skirts and thanks to Nd4spdse for the original installation instructions! I wired up the front yellow foglights and installed the CF rad support. I also reprimed the car.

Here's info about the differences in the bumper supports: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=71740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tested out the CF eyebrows, but I'm just not sure if I like them... they'll go into my future projects box for now.
waspone

Post by waspone »

so cool man, love both your cars!
92' Red GS - RIP
93' Black Miata LE
Miguelitto

Post by Miguelitto »

nice car!!!

this side spoliers are great!!!
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jmdearras
antispam: No

Post by jmdearras »

What do you paint your bumpers with? I like the non-gloss texture.

Jim
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I use the MoonWax™ process. :mrgreen:

it's just primer :D :freak:
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Wow! that looks awsome, now come do my two please! :D