Millenia s rods question?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Millenia s rods question?

Post by hgallegos915 »

My buddy wants to just use millenia rods or something that wont bend as easy as the stock rod. Can you use the stock ze pistons and crank with those rods? where can we purchase them or a similar product? he just wants the rods(I know.. odd why not the whole thing?)

anyone?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stereoking15

Re: Millenia s rods question?

Post by stereoking15 »

you have to have the piston wrist pin resized for the millenia rods becasuse they are larger other then that they will work fantastically. also you can make you stock rods stronger by polishing them by hand or done by a die grinder. why do you need stronger rods? are you boosting?
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah im boosted and so is he. He is sorta like a test subject LOL whateverworks for him, i can safely do it.

So I can use the millenia s rods, resize the wrist pin(where can I get this done or purchase the pin?)

and can I keep the same pistons?

I can get millenia rods for like 250.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

you can use the same pistons, you need a machine shop to do the work for you. not something an amatuer can do is his garage with a die grinder. you can re-use oe millenia wrist pins they just need to be machined larger. also some more techical data can be found on importperformanceparts.net.
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”