How do you remove relay?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mok86

How do you remove relay?

Post by mok86 »

This might be a stupid question but the flasher unit here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=39052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how do u remove it? i dont want to snap nething off but i cant really see how to get this bad boy off... any hints?
ninjajim4

Re: How do you remove relay?

Post by ninjajim4 »

you can pretty much see from that picture, there ain much to it. you just pull it straight down off the bracket. there is a notch on the housing that clicks into a corresponding cutout on the bracket, so you'd want to take a flathead and kinda jam it in there to release it.
mok86

Post by mok86 »

thanks i wasnt sure if it was attached somehow on the top lol i'll try this tmr
mok86

Post by mok86 »

actually did u mean the whole white sleeve comes off... or does the black part slide out of the sleeve?
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

the whole thing comes out. if you look at that picture in the link, the metal tab right there at 1 o clock on the red circle, that's exactly what is holding the relay on. you can even see the lil cutout
mok86

Post by mok86 »

yea i just yanked.. worked like a charm thanks! replaced with some led bulbs so now they blink normally :D

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”