KLZE possibly?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
blink_2009

KLZE possibly?

Post by blink_2009 »

Hey guys Long time since I posted, have found a 92 Gs like mine at an auto wreckers, well more of a salvage guys farm, he claims the kid he got it from did some racing both street and drag with this car, he cant get he engine to run and the rest of the car is a write off cause the hill billy dropped it off of his trailer and then it proceeded to roll down a hill an into his junk pile......i cried when i saw it.....any way I was curious if there was aome way of identifying a KLZE? the enigine in this 92 is for sure not a 1.8 stock. any ideas would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks!
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: KLZE possibly?

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

If you've got trouble identifying it how can you be so sure it's not the 1.8?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
blink_2009

Post by blink_2009 »

I suppose i shopuld have been more clear, the engine isnt stock there wasa lot of mods and upgrades to it which have been stripped off and sold, im pretty sure it not the 1.8, but, I could be wrong. The guy who owned it passed away thats how this salvage guy got ahold of the vehicle, he stripped pretty much everything but the block and transaxle out the front cause he said he couldnt get it to run. I was just curious if there were any identifying marks or where to find a serial number or something of that nature. I still havent had hardly anytime to work on mine until now so i have been researching the mx-3 and downloading manuals, hopefully i can finally get some time this winter to work on it. any info would be great.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If it still has heads, the heads and cams are stamped. It's been posted many times. There are ZE codes and there are DE codes. The front and rear head codes are different. Look for KL-31 on the cams for a straight necked ZE or KL-01 for a Curved neck ZE or a DE. Yada yada yada.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
blink_2009

Post by blink_2009 »

Thanks whytbishop I finally found that info on here, turns out its just a 1.8 Thanks though I really appreciate it!
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Heh, thought so 8)

Last bumped by blink_2009 on October 9th, 2009, 5:49 pm.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”