after swap hicups

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

after swap hicups

Post by mccabe »

ok so i have my DE in and runnin but i have some problems so to start my knock sensor pugs didnt match each other (from the harness to the DE) so i cut off the conecter and wired it to it, so i thought but when i ran my error coeds it came up so when i wired it up there is a wire that raps around the other wires in side the sleve i thought they were two seperate sensors wires am i wrong?or ar they two?

i am runnin my DE of the y-pipe of my ebay headres is that the reson my idle is rough do to no backpressure but its fine above a thousand?

and on my old engine i had a sensor that ran down my the dip stick the about were the crank is but my DE dosnt have one but im runnin the camshaft seonsor error as well is that the sesor?

and if for my exshast when i gets done soon if i use a glass pack from candain tire, a dual shamber muffler,2.5inch pipen will it be loud?

on my new TB the two nipples ar different and i dint look at the way the line were set up does the one from the coolent neck go to the fornt or back nipple?

and im am only runnin one coolent sesor right now my green plug but its a black sesor plug and my fans wont come on till about 1/4 way heated up and kicken faster when it reachs runnen temp it seems i thought they were always supose to stay on?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
93vtecklr

Re: after swap hicups

Post by 93vtecklr »

To answer your exhaust question, it will be stupidly loud. Run a hi flo cat, a loooong resonator to tone down the civic drone and rasp.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Ok, the 3 wire plug that goes around near the dipstick is the crank sensor IIRC. The other, which is a 2 wire plug that is right in the middle of the engine, (that's where the wire comes from) is the knock sensor. On my ZE the plug can either be on the left or right of the engine, depending on the year and type of engine (k8, ZE, DE etc). You only need to chop the cable ties to free up this plug.

The crank plug with 3 wires should have wired up the same. I know that in my ZE and my K8, both the crank sensor plugs had the same colour wires and were in the same position. Mx3 is a 1995 and the ZE is a 1993. So not sure how the wires were different on your DE?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

i know were the sesors are and i have moved the knock sesor wire to the left when i had th IM off. i tried to wire the other plug to it so that it would work on the harness and look stock and my crank sesor was not there but i pulled the oneoff my K8 and out it on.
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

mccabe

Post by mccabe »

Any one I'm Still runnin the codes I can't figure it out my crank sensor its pluged in my De didn't have one so I just took it off my k8 and put it on my De

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”