TB issue

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

TB issue

Post by mccabe »

ok so today i finally got my klde to start and man it was loud of the y-pipe :D , but it would stay runnin so i finally i hope found my problem and it looks like i have a leak around my TB i have a kl31 TB on a curved neck DE and it looks like i have a leak onlong the top of it bought some gasket material today, would that have made it stall like haven a vacum leak cause its behind the VAF?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: TB issue

Post by mccabe »

i know this may be a dum question, but on the kl31 TB wich nipple does the coolent line go on the front one or the rear one?? :oops:
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

no it's not a dumb question... I just recently swapped TB's in my cars and I had to look it up in the shop manual and unfortunately I couldn't find an exact instruction on which way it should flow. But from the pages that did show the coolant flow it appears the line coming from the side of the block goes in the front (pipe pointing down from IAC) and the line going near the thermostat/fuel rail goes into the back (straight pipe behind the IAC)

Hope that makes sense... and somebody please correct me if this is wrong and needs to be reversed (because I need to go change it on my cars haha :oops: )
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

thanks that makes sence looks like i had them right. but it dont matter anymore my car got hit at school yeaterdsay so its a write off :( :x

vansolrick

Post by vansolrick »

Damn! :? That's shitty.

I was going to say that yeah make sure you seal that top part of the TB off. It's best to use RTV and let it dry.

Oh well sorry to hear.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”