need help with bogging klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

need help with bogging klze

Post by Dali »

hey, i just swapped in a klze for a friend and its bogging. it will almost die right off the bat if you give it alot of gas quicky, stuttering from idle to about 3200rpm. ive got the straight neck injectors in our k8 inatke mani. i have swapped out i/m with all the stuff attached to it with a spare, as well tried 2 other ecu's. almost a fuel problem or vaccum leak but there should be no leak since i tried two i/m. next thing to tryi guess will be another fule pump or filter (tried a different one but it was used). anyways if anyone has any ideas, thanks. oh as well it bogs down the same at about 5500rpm.
1993 White gs klze.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: need help with bogging klze

Post by Daninski »

Have you set the idle screw on the top of the TB. I know if it's too far out the engine will bogg. Jump TEN and gnd and screw it in then out till the idle hits 6500. Remove the jump pin and the idle will return to 700rpm, perfect.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

try a replacement VAF. Sounds like what my ZE was doing.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well worked on the car again today, stuck a new fuel filter in...same problem. can hear a huge vaccum leak by the driver side engine hoist bracket. looked but still could not find anything so i pulled the intake off for the 3rd time to see that my buddy left the klze intake gasket on which does not cover a breather hole from the driver side of the block up a tube in the k8 intake manifold. put the car back together and fire it up all excited......still the same problem, next thing was either a bad pump not keeping up enough fuel or the timing was off but i was pretty sure so before eith of these we checked the compression almost all 200. since the plug wires were off anyways i said lets swap out disty, this should not cause this problem at all.....well a brand new disty does cause this when it doesnt work. all this farting around to have a disty not fire under heavy load. car runs great now.
1993 White gs klze.
progt91

Post by progt91 »

glad you figured out your problem.
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

did the 2nd klze swap yesterday without any problems. was plug and play, even tried the new disty on this motor and even had the same problem. took about a hour and half to reinstal it, then about two and a half hours to fit the crappy exhaust system but it is all up and running. next motor swap is into a 97 civic si next week.
1993 White gs klze.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Glad you got it running and of course I meant to say 650 rpm. Sorry bout that
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”