problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

problems

Post by mccabe »

Ok so lat week end a finall started my swap i got the old and abused k8 out and changed every thing over to my klde like PS,Alt,AC,Egr to block off the hole on headers. I got my origanl flywheel resurfaced and have a spec stage II+ from http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdet ... ge_2+/8163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and my problem looks like it could be the starter is hitten the presser plate. but i know my starter good and i have cranked it but when i go to start it just make a ticken sout like a dead battery but have jumped it and evrything charged the battery bought a new one but it still does the same thing.

has anyone had this problem of the starter not cranken the engine but is good??? battery tremanal are good and all my grounds are hooked up.
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: problems

Post by mccabe »

sorry for the grammer in a rush at school but i have got it to crank but only a half rotation and it started to tick again im still usen the stock tranny?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Well troubleshooting is always tricky right. This is what I would do:

Check all of your fuses, specially the ones in the engine bay
Check to make sure the ground nut is tight on the starter, sometimes they are loose and can cause a issue
Check the ground going from the starter to the ground plate on the tranny, make sure it is tight and there is no paint or corrosion there
Try another starter.

Was the flywheel the original k8 flywheel? And was the de a automatic when you got it?
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

Ok solo i hate trouble shooten but your right I have no idea if my klde had a automomatic tranny befor but I'm usen my mtx tranny and the the fuses are good its the first thing I check I have a remaned starter but they booth do the same thing and the ground for it I'd conected to the start all I have to connect to it is the powEr cord and the trigget is there sippar to be a spacer for the starter. And yeah I'm usen the k8 flywheel.

projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

it shouldnt matter if it was atx or mtx before.

can you turn the engine over using a wrench on the crank pulley?
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

yes i can and i have also go the flywheel to turn with a pry bar

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

projectzemx3 wrote:it shouldnt matter if it was atx or mtx before.

can you turn the engine over using a wrench on the crank pulley?
Your right it shouldn't, but I have heard of ppl using the auto flexplate spacer ontop of the mtx flywheel spacer causeing it to stick it to much, just makin sure :p
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

ha ha i had that plate your talken about but i didnt use it.

mccabe

Post by mccabe »

well i droped the tranny today and of course i missed one of the two spacers :oops:. but its out and corrected but i ran into anther problem one of my holes for the flywheel has a 2 threads messed up and i cant get the bolt in and im not forcen it :?

so what size tap do i nedd anyone know?? i asked the guy at the parts counter of auto value but there dum.

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

If you have a tap & die set, spin the bolt into different dies until you find the right size.

Or, if you have a set of calipers, measure the outer thread diameter on the bolt for the first number in the metric thread size. The thread pitch is determined by measuring how many millimeters the bolt advances after one complete revolution.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”