im stuck on a strut bar problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
chrome730

im stuck on a strut bar problem

Post by chrome730 »

the problem is. should i buy the corksport strut bars or should i get the ebay ones. They dont seem any different but will the performance differ. If anyone has either of these product feel free to weigh in. price for them isnt a problem. its actual performance for them that matters.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Nd4SpdSe

Re: im stuck on a strut bar problem

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If you have the money, the Corksport ones are larger, thicker and much more rigid. I went with the Corksport ones but never tried the eBay ones, but when I got mine, others have and noticed a difference.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

chances are you won't notice difference except for price
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

i dont know what to do. hopefully i can get more people to weigh in because its very hard for me to make a decision. Im a Libra. I mean corksport looks a little bit more beefy to me. while the ebay looks lighter but more fragile. i mean i dont want something that is gonna not do what its made to do. and that is prevent less chassis flex. you know what im getting too.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

ebay ones will be adequate enough imo. You need to get subframe connectors also and lower tie bar if you really want to make things rigid.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

i have the ebay strut bars front and back and i had them over a year there still going strong haven't had any problems with them . they haven't gotten busted or just broke easy now i also have a stiffer suspension and it does make i difference i have less body roll and can make a fast turn . so the bars are light and durable Bro. they also keep its shine . so good luck on Your decision !!-
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

im actually now thinking about doing some research on making them due to the simple fact that most after market stuff for our car is hard to find. or atleast hard for me to find. also does anyone have a idea as to who would make a cai for the mx3
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I had my "ebay" bars for over 6 years now
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

a strut bar is only a strut bar, not rocket science.

ebay strutbar ftw
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

Ok so I guess im gonna get the ebay one. Seeing as they are hella cheaper, and people haven't had problems with them.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”