Rpm's drop, car stalls, cant keep going unless I gas it high

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
95Mx3GS

Rpm's drop, car stalls, cant keep going unless I gas it high

Post by 95Mx3GS »

HELP!

Hello knowledgeable people of mx-3.com, I really hope someone can help me out because I love this car but lately it has been causing lots of problems :cry:

Today, I was driving home from the gym and a bit before my house i was in fourth gear and all of a sudden, the rpms dropped so I pushed the gas more, and when I released, they dropped again! :shock:

And then I thought i was fine coasting in neutral, the car just stalled! :( I coasted, while stalled all the way to my house, restarted the car, kept the rpms at 5000 (they kept dropping so I had to put the clutch in every few seconds and then put it into 1st again). Thankfully, the car is on my driveway, but i have NO clue what is wrong. My mechanic is 40 minutes away :( and school starts in 4 days! UGH!!

You guys have helped me out before so PLEASE try and help me again I know you guys are a smart bunch but I have no clue whats going on! Is it the clutch? If you have an idea of what is wrong, can you tell me a ballpark figure on how much the cost would be? I appreciate everything guys, thanks!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Rpm's drop, car stalls, cant keep going unless I gas it high

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

should not be a tranny issue. Check all vac hoses. I'm betting one has come loose
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

sorry about the double post I thought i accidentally clicked 'save' instead of submit so i just copied the text and decided to post it in a different forum instead of the one I originally posted in.. my apologies.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

the double post comment is in your other post.
DID YOU CHECK YOUR VAC LINES?

Return to “Transmissions”