kl ecus

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

kl ecus

Post by mccabe »

ok so im confused know my mtx 92 mx3 gs has two coolent sensors but my klde has only one so i have been reading the ecu forms lately so i have heard that since i have a 92 harness i dont need to drill and tap for anthor sensor. oh iwould like to run a kl07 ecu and kl02 vaf if i can?

on anthor note my swap is getten close and i have just a couple of thing remaining to order or find its nice been out of school have so much more time and $$$$$ but has anyone tried this with the ebay headers sxame companys as were i ordeered the header and y pipe

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mazda-MX6-1993-1994- ... .m20.l1116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
Nd4SpdSe

Re: kl ecus

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Swap the coolant neck from your K8 with both sensors.

Run the ECU and VAF from a DE, with your DE
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

I'm not swapen the neck cause I don't won't to so what I would like to know is do I need that sensor or can I just run with our it with my fans worken right and what if the size of the tap I will need for the sensor
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

That type of response will REALLY make people want to help you further. :roll:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

I'm just stayen what I need to now to help me so I'm not tryen to be rude at the moment my computer broken so I'm on my phone checken this and I don't what to be on here that much so I'm tryen to get the information I nEed without runnen my bill up. I'm not tryen to be rude.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I gave you information, which apparently you're not happy with, so don't complain when we help you, but you're not happy with the help. You don't know what you do for swapping the coolant neck, but you'll drill and tap the sensor yourself?

The only other option is I believe to find a later DE ECU that only requires 1 coolant sensor.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Don't the later ecu's have different pinouts? For example, the KL89 or KL90 ECU's?

Or are they the same, just only one sensor output?
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

They do when they are OBDII, as far as I know all the OBDI's are interchangable.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

yes Nd4SpdSe thank you for your help and im not tryen to make it sound rude and complainen but how can you say im beenen rude when were nor haven a face to face converstion you dont know my tone of voice or how i say it i wasnt tryen to A d---. but thank u everyone for the replys and i dont want to swap the neck cause the on on my k8 is bent a dented the last owner drop the engine when he toock it out to do some work but and its got rust all over it.

Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

I dont remember the tap size, but you can order a 40 piece tap and die set from Harbor Freight for 25$ which should have what you need and you'll have a very handy set of tools for the future.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

my dads got alot of tools and has a full tap set i just need the size i looked thro my clinton manual but nothin i could find :shrug:

Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

ummm, ok, so heres what I did, since you have the 92 water pipe, with the extra sensor, unscrew the sensor, compare the size and threading on that sensor to the different taps you have. If you find one that looks the same see if it screws snuggly into the hole you pulled the sensor out of. If it does, you've found the right tap to use. Or if you'd like another method, take your sensor and see which die it screws into, then you can find the tap that matches the size of that die.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

ok ill have to grab a sensor when im out at the shop next time thanks tho for the help

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”