Your opinions please :D

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
PilotSmack89
antispam: No

Your opinions please :D

Post by PilotSmack89 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my mx, and i wanted to hear your opinions before i go tearing stuff apart...

So the fan/cooling unit works just fine, but when i move the temperature controls to anything with heat, i smell dust... i mean, it smells really really thick, but nothing visible is coming out of the vents. i was thinking that either the air intake needs cleaning, or that the heater core is done. Your thoughts?

Cheers,
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Your opinions please :D

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If the heater core was done, you'd have a sweet mell, but if it's not leaking, than it's not done quite yet.

Just is probably some stuff suck in the vents.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ardvarks love to nest in air intakes. I parked near a concrete job and for weeks after I got this dry smell from my heater. Eventually it went away. Oh and so did the Ardvark.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Leaves like to live on the "cabin filter", which is really just a course metal mesh that resembles a chain-link fence. It is accessible by removing the blower unit under the passenger-side dash, or I believe removing the hood cowl where the windshield wipers are.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

awesome - thanks everyone :D
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”