1.8 V6 - Engine Tuning

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daveb

Re: 1.8 V6 - Engine Tuning

Post by Daveb »

Maybe besides the above mentioned mods you could try some head work. Port & polishing wouldnt hurt and maybe you could upgrade your camshafts. Sounds like you just want too add a few ponies without upgrading your engine, how many HP are you allowed before you change classes? You mentione 163 hp was too much.

I wish my Dad made cool c/f stuff.
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

You know it is possible to go turbo and basically only add torque without adding much to the total power.

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_111106/article.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
the_kid
antispam: No

Post by the_kid »

Guys guys,relax with that ok?!I`ve been out of internet for a while,coz my mom just died:( ,but now i decided to go on with the MAZDA MX3 PROJECT.
I`ll keep the 1,8 V6 engine and i`ll squeeze it all
I have added fiber hood and new fiber body-kit,short-shifter,i have to order the LSD,and the CHIP(CHIP or UNICHIP(thats what we have in Romania),it doest exist here and the power obtain will be like 10% from what you have now)
The problem is that i cannot find "racing headers" for this car :(
Also i meet a very good mechanic wich he can add some hp to my car by modifieing the injuns,so YES its very possible to add extra HP to this type of engine!
Unfortunatelly this will cost me like 700euros,except the other things
P.S.: Is there any chances to add some pics of my car here?!
Attention ...
I have a japanesse car and i dont hesitate to use it
V6 baby :P
SstennizZ

Post by SstennizZ »

Upload the pics somewhere (photobucket.com / imageshack) and put them on here..
And for the headers, just search for Probe GT headers on ebay. With some adjustments they fit.. (Use search option)
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

You can't chip these cars, unless you get a ZE and Probinator. You may as well just send me the money if you want to throw it away that bad. Just sayin...........
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Sure you can do as you wish to your car... but what EVERYONE is telling you FROM EXPERIENCE..

your best band for the buck, and more hp is to swap the engine... headers you need anyways.. get them.. lightweight flywheel, clutch and all... but even if you build the k8. for LESS amount of money.. your car can be faster...

why dont you just slap the k8 covers on a de and pretend its a built de?

We wouldnt tell you this if we didnt know, i have been trough k8, kfze, those engines are NOTHING compared to a de and ze..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
the_kid

Post by the_kid »

Here are a few photos with the car ... today we`ve painted the engine,i hope you guys will like it http://picasaweb.google.com/martin.solveg/MazdaMX3V6#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Next week i`ll add some pics with the fiber hood,and hopefully the new body kit .. 2days ago i`ve ordered from eBay.com a brand new short-shifter,soon i`ll order the LSD wich will help me a lot
After all this tuning for my engine i hope i can provide a DYNO TEST with 160hp on this engine;)
And bealive me guys,these 160hp will help a lot !!!
Attention ...
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Oh my f-ing god. Scrap that body kit before you get flamed BAD!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
the_kid

Post by the_kid »

93vtecklr wrote:Oh my f-ing god. Scrap that body kit before you get flamed BAD!
Thats for winter season :)) joking,that was not my ideea,i bought the car with that body-kit .. some people like it,some not .. I`ve decided to change it as i said,so you`ll see the "new car" in a week or more
Attention ...
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

PHEW! Thank you!
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

burn that body kit..dont sell it. i do not ever want to see that kit on a mx3 again..lol
glad your changing it! :welder:
ImageImageImageImage
the_kid

Post by the_kid »

hahahaha,crazy guys,i`ll burn it i promise:P .. anyways i think its the only MX3 with full tuning in Romania .. and very soon it will be 100% UNIQUE :mrgreen:
Attention ...
the_kid

Post by the_kid »

I have news ... so i`ve added a fiber glass hood,short-shifter,new clutch and the chip for my ECU .. Also i had a DYNO test and guess what,my car had only 113hp and with the chip now it has 127hp :? I dont know what to say about DYNO .. but i cant bealive i had only 113hp,its hard to bealive because the car runs EXCELLENT !!!
Attention ...
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I'll be the first to say it. Pics of the dyno sheet OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!! I can't believe that a chip gained hp, I want to see before and after dyno sheets. You should however start a worklog. A lot of members here, myself including, love to see a "RICER-TO-NICER" transformation. Keep it classy mang.
the_kid

Post by the_kid »

Sure bro,today i forgot to get the paper from them .. I will get it soon and post a copy of it .. Sunday i will race my car at some legal races,i cant wait to see if there are really 14cp in PLUS,because right now i cant feel it 100%,but i know for sure its something different inside
Attention ...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”