Yeah, they're big.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nightfire

Yeah, they're big.

Post by nightfire »

Road test soon!
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
progt91
antispam: No

Re: Yeah, they're big.

Post by progt91 »

nice, how big is it?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sweet that looks legit. Is that the ebay kit that was up some time ago?
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Yup. I got it from a guy named Daryl on ebay. Super nice guy. He helped me throughout the install and answered all of my questions.

Wilwood calipers and pads, generic rotors (323mm), SS hoses, and adapter plates/spacers.

I just drove around for a good 20 minutes with them. Outstanding. Combined with my 20mm spacers at the front and 15mm at the back, the car has a much more mature feeling on the road. I ran near WOT in 2nd (4000rpm) with the brakes on for a good 2-3 minutes as part of the bed-in procedure. I expected them to be so faded I would hardly be able to stop, but to my surprise, they didn't fade at all!

They were toasty warm, but it's clear they have massive stopping power.

All and all an absolutely worthwhile upgrade. Can't wait to try them on the track, but I suspect I'll need to adjust my brake bias first.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”