some consistant runs

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
stereoking15

some consistant runs

Post by stereoking15 »

well just got back from portland international raceway with mooneggs and fowljesse ran consistant 14.3's on a smaller tire then normal, 205/55/15 vs. my old 235/40/17 falkens, i just need grip, well with a limited slip on the way as well as some sticky drag slicks mid 13's are not out of reach!!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: some consistant runs

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I was bummed I only got to go twice since my car was too loud (90 dB limit and mine is 92.5 dB) and I was all nervous and stuff. 15.3 and a 15.0... sigh.... car's got potential if I could only figure out what is restricting my power :x
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am a bad driver. :oops:
My best run was 14.9 @ 94.76 :?
My reaction time was .657 :(
My 60' was 2.428 with lots of wheelspin :shrug:
My clutch started slipping on the first run, and just got worse, and I still need to get used to shifting at about 7,200.
The engine is strong, though, so when I get the LSD in, and a new clutch, I'll get those darned 13s too!
I'm sure Dana could get 13.9 in my car :P
The good news: We beat all the Hondas (and some other cars)! The best Honda run was 14.8 IIRC.
A Chevy guy came around staging, asking what people ran. I told him I got 14.9, and he asked what Dana got, and when I said 14.3, he said "I better go pick on Hondas, then.". :lol:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

yeah i loved that!! he tried too and didnt suceed, the fool got like 16.1 on slicks!!! my car was a mean as most of the modded 5.0 stangs there was a well built one on slicks running only a 13.0 @ 107... when i ran my 14.0 it was at 99.79... with no traction.. yeah i hate physics!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

way to go guys, sounds like fun.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”