omg im going crazy please help !!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda915

omg im going crazy please help !!!

Post by mazda915 »

ok so heres the deal .. last weekend i was driving my mx then it started to over heat the temp gauge went almost to red and my car hasent done this in a long time so lucky i was close by a friends house so i pulled over and opened my hood and saw anti-freeze all over my engine so i checked everything and saw a hole in the hose that goes to the thermestat so i got that replaced . done. then i noticed the fans where not turning on so i thought the fan to the radiator got wet and blew the lil motor so i also replaced that hooked it up and got that done now idk where to connect the afternarket radiator wires cuz it only has two the main wires power and the ground so i had to use male connections to hook it up the the female connections that went to the regular connections so dont know where to connect the aftermarket wires from the fan . so i just color cornated the wires but yet still does not turn on so idk how to check the relays on the fuses cuz i think i may have a bad relay dont know . then my radiator started leaking from the fins so dam i bought a new radiator installed that ( took all day ) got that fixed and the leaking prob was fixed so the car still over heats after drving for 10 mins i also have a new thermostat and new anti-freez . no more hoses are leaking also radiator caps are new so idk why its still over heating i know when the engine was hot the fan still wont turn on i cant hear it and also i dont even see it spinning when i turn on the ac th fan does turn on for the ac fan so idk why the radiator fan wont turn on . i have the resivor tank at good levels and the radiator is full of anti-freez so idk how the car keeps on over heating ???? im so stuck guys im going crazy lol the main concern i have is that the relays are not workin but dont know how to check that so any ideas guys would be cool thanks !! sorry for the long novel lol !
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: omg im going crazy please help !!!

Post by Ryan »

Holy crap. In all of that, I think you said:

My upper rad hose broke, and my rad was leaking so I replaced those. I also bought an aftermarket fan. The fan doesn't work because I didn't figure out the wiring. So it still overheats.

Okay. for now, take out your thermostat. People run without them all the time in hot places like tex, afaik.

If that doesn't work, you need to let her run from cold, squeeze the bottom hose repeatedly, rev it up(jus a bit, 3-4k) and pour coolant into the cap all at once. When it revs it sucks up more fluid. Close the cap before you let the throttle go to trap the coolant. Excess will go into the resevoir. That eliminates air problems.

The fan relay should be okay. If not, check the wiring by forcing a ground. It should come on. Hook it straight to the battery to make sure its not the fan itself...

The last thing is, try replacing the receiver unit (front of block, near thermostat, single wire sensor)

Which engine do you have, BTW?

Is your pully/belt alright? Has your pump ever been replaced?

And this is the wrong section.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved the the v6 TECHNICAL area.. this is NOT a worklog.
muttpower
antispam: No

Post by muttpower »

Wow!!! I'm no English major, but punctuation marks do help out a lot...but that aside, my first guess would be the water pump.
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

ok guys i did what Ryan said and thanks for Ryan that info so for the past week i did that and still over heats .... dam.. so i gave up guys sorry .. i took it to a shop cuz my engine light came on and would blink crazy . so i just got news that the reason why i have that issue is cuz i have two blown heads and the water was going into the engine but was weird is that my oil was not muddy or really dark and my car doesnt smoke . so thats what the computer read on the codes the compression was bad and wasnt where it was suppose to be so the heads where messed up thats what the mechanic said . so oh well . i started looking for a jdm k8 on ebay got some good prices . i would go wit the klze swap but i think its cool just to ha ve it stock jdm k8and plus to many issues with that sorry to say but k8 for now :D lol so thats my plans for now . thanks for your info Ryan i tried but no dice lol thanks thou . so ill keep you guys updated to see that is and ill put some pics .
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”