HID KITS?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
96mx-3

HID KITS?

Post by 96mx-3 »

i got sent this link from a buddy .. people on protege forums are buyin em and no problems so far..

http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any thoughts?
solo_ryder

Re: HID KITS?

Post by solo_ryder »

Cheap HIDs are Cheap HIDs. Not alot of ppl running em here for obvious reasons.

I get mine off of Gordon @ Velictygetter on eBay
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i paid 160 cash for my HID lights brand new. and they flickered!!!!!!! but when i spliced into the wires rather then plugging it into the headlight jack they worked fine.

i love my HID's but i do ALOT of at night back road country driving, and i find that i over drive my lights. as in i look farther then they point. i miss my highbeams for sure.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If you have the new projectors, you can wire them so the lows stay on all the time, that way if you install an HID kit in the low beam, when you put the highs on the HID lows will still be on for ridic. lighting!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

solo_ryder wrote:Cheap HIDs are Cheap HIDs. Not alot of ppl running em here for obvious reasons.

I get mine off of Gordon @ Velictygetter on eBay
which kit would you recommend? I tried looking up seller on ebay but haven't found him by user name you posted.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea I may have spelt his user ID wrong, here is a link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.ca/Velocitygetter

I recommend a 4300k kit. Nothing else. You can also get slim ballasts for a few bones more. Gordon is trustworthy, I have met him a few times.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

onlytrueromeo wrote:If you have the new projectors, you can wire them so the lows stay on all the time, that way if you install an HID kit in the low beam, when you put the highs on the HID lows will still be on for ridic. lighting!
now imagine HID highbeams. That is the closest you get to a front-mount ion cannon...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Heh, yeah - permanently blind everything in front of you! I don't know if I'd want HID highs though, w/ the amount of times I flick them on/off!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i've bought from VVME and i can say that i'm happy with them.
soon after buying these i learnt about beam patterns and projectors so i got rid of them when i got my JDM housings.
so if your planning to use them in your stock halogen housings be aware that HID's do not work properly in halogen housings and you won't have a light cut off anymore, which will blind other drivers on the road, it's not as bad as being high beamed, but it's still pretty bad.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Evo_Spec wrote:i've bought from VVME and i can say that i'm happy with them.
soon after buying these i learnt about beam patterns and projectors so i got rid of them when i got my JDM housings.
so if your planning to use them in your stock halogen housings be aware that HID's do not work properly in halogen housings and you won't have a light cut off anymore, which will blind other drivers on the road, it's not as bad as being high beamed, but it's still pretty bad.
so you can get ticketed :lol:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Evo_Spec wrote:i've bought from VVME and i can say that i'm happy with them.
Speaking of halogen refractive beam patterns, don't JDM headlights, being from a RHD country, have the wrong bias for Canada?
Cody

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”