importer has confused me about my ECU.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: importer has confused me about my ECU.

Post by solo_ryder »

No, read this thread. It will explain what you need to do.

The 94 mx3 has 1 less coolant sensor, because the ecu uses one sensor that does both functions. That is not a issue, however a KLZE needs a ecu to be chipped or the use of a kl31/36 ecu.. if you chip or if you get a kl31 ecu then its gonna look for that extra sensor.

The only two options are to wire a switch for manual fan operation or to wire in the extra coolant sensor to the ecu.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

You'd surely think if there was a KLZE engine with only 1 coolant sensor (there are either one or two, not 3, the third one is just for the temp gauge) then there'd be an ECU for the 94-5 ZE engine.

Clearly no one has bothered looking for one in a half cut. The ZE surely was made in other years than just 1992-3?

For now my suggestion would be to use the ECU from a 1994-5 Millenia curved neck engine and the VAF that is also in that engine. Using that combination I'm quite confident the engine will run nicely enough and also eliminate the thermo fan problem. It's a much better solution that trying to swap coolant necks whilst the engine is in the car.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RX8SE3P wrote:For now my suggestion would be to use the ECU from a 1994-5 Millenia curved neck engine and the VAF that is also in that engine. Using that combination I'm quite confident the engine will run nicely enough and also eliminate the thermo fan problem. It's a much better solution that trying to swap coolant necks whilst the engine is in the car.
Can't do that, the Millenia ECU uses a different pin-out and also uses a MAF instead of a VAF. It also was only available in North America in 95, and for that reason, is only OBDII
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
alexskull75

Post by alexskull75 »

thanks a lot guys for the help. the seller who sold me this klze told me that he can swap my '92 kl-31 ecu with another '94 ecu for this engine for free but i afraid to made this change cause i know that is very hard to find a real klze ecu for this engine.... i'm very undecided i don't know what i have to do....
DimaK

Post by DimaK »

kl62 in japanese means kl32 in english
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

DimaK wrote:kl62 in japanese means kl32 in english

i thought kl62 was obd2
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Someone told me to use JE50 (1.8)vaf with kl31/36 cpu. since you have all this, so what if you have to wire another sensor. less problem maybe in the long run. I ve got the k834 cpu so, i m farther away than you from getting it right.
an old man once told me, if your fan runs all the time your a loser
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
alexskull75

Post by alexskull75 »

hi, please, i need help i drilled and taped a hole on the coolant filler neck and i put the missing black sensor, but it has two wires and my answer is: one wire go to ecu pin 2g and it's ok.. now i don't know where i have to connect the second wire of this sensor. please help me!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Hmm probably ends up a ground or perhaps 5 volt volt reference and grounds through the sensor itself. Hopefully someone who has it can confirm soon.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Don't forget ground :)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
alexskull75

Post by alexskull75 »

i bought a '92 spare harness from a junkyard. the only way out was open the rubber and i found that the pin on the right of the filler's black sensor is unite to the same wire attacched to the same pin on the right of the green/grey sensor (behind the black) this wire go to the solenoid purge canister output 2-0. when i put this conjunction the fan was off. but now seems that the fans don't work. i tried to swap also the grey sensor with the 92 green and waiting for the temperature nothing happened again . now all the part is on the right position but the only thing i had was the the exactly opposite problem
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Why does it go to purge solenoid and not to ECU?
alexskull75

Post by alexskull75 »

in fact the wire go to the ecu, it's about the second wire of both the two thermosensor that in the original wiring go to the ecu pin of the purge solenoid canister. the first wire go to the pin 2g.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Hey, RX8, where do you have your second wire go? Did you just splice it with the wire from the main sensor or did you send it to 2O?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

alexskull75 wrote:in fact the wire go to the ecu, it's about the second wire of both the two thermosensor that in the original wiring go to the ecu pin of the purge solenoid canister. the first wire go to the pin 2g.
Are you sure you put it in the right 2O slot? Seems on the diagram RX8 posted, the 2O slot is on the right, but on our ECU it's on the left. Probe lettering = left to right, MX-3 lettering = right to left. 2A is the empty slot on the right. 2O has the G/O wire. Is that right?

I don't see why it wouldn't just go to ground... I guess I don't have a good understanding of how this whole sensor system works... Where the signal comes from and where it goes to.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”