$16 AFP regulator Ebay

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

$16 AFP regulator Ebay

Post by Daninski »

Ok I found this and I can't believe the price $16 bucks for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULA ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: $16 AFP regulator Ebay

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

$16 says everyone should stay away from it...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Even I wouldnt buy that crap!!! :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

you guys are too much into this whole like u have to pay lots for quality... i bought almost same thing for 25...put it in and havent had a single problem...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

96mx-3 wrote:you guys are too much into this whole like u have to pay lots for quality... i bought almost same thing for 25...put it in and havent had a single problem...
Ya colinsmx3 so there.

My question is how can they build something and sell it that cheap. Even if it is cheap it still has parts and shiney parts and fancy paint job. I buy it and install it in my engine compartment and not hook it up just because it looks nice (hmm would that be engine rice).
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

That's an auction, price will go up. Look at the guy's but it now auctions, that regulator goes for close to $30.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ya, no.

bad things happen when those fail. you cheap out on the fuel system and you can start saving for a rebuild. $150 ain't too shabby when you think about it.

-but do what you want. then buy a performance chip +30hp, DZ coilovers and an electric SC.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

hey i paid like $30 off ebay for my afpr and works like a charm and i know few people that have been using them for awhile with no progblems
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

i got the exact same one as the one u posted but mine is silver instead of red. works good trust me
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ya, you're right.
Oh, and it's cool to make your own fuel pumps. Did anyone actually research the afpr? We've gone over this b4. These are crap and are not worth the box they are shipped in. Search around and you'll find a few very nice cars that have blown their engine because of an OBX or these pos afpr's.

I can't stand cheap people. and wannabe tuners. Do it right the first time.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:I can't stand cheap people. and wannabe tuners. Do it right the first time.
That's a little blunt and direct, but I honestly feel the same way. Mind you, you don't always have to get the most expensive parts out there, there's good deals out there, and some you're paying more for no real benefits and just throwing money away, and sometimes you just need to shop around to find a good price. Personally, I buy locally and try to stick with small shops, I can pay more, for I pay for better service, and being a loyal, and good, customer does mean that in the long run, I do get discounts, and sometimes free/discounted stuff and/or get good help if I need it. It's good to build relationships for that reason.

Back on track; wouldn't you think that there's something fishy when a product is 10x cheaper? You always get what you pay for. It's like those people who get those eBay clutches, and say "oh ya, they're great, no problems" but come back 6 months later because their clutch is shot. These are typically the same people that complain that their car is unreliable, nothing but problems and expensive to maintain. Quality parts ensure reliability, as well as peace of mind, plain and simple. Just cause it's a POS part doesn't mean it'll be junk and throw it away as soon as it's out of the box. You may get weeks, months of years out of it, but there's no guarantee, nor no guarantee what will happen when it does, it's literally a risk assessment on the owners part. You also don't know that it's doing what you want it to do, and properly. Just cause it's working, doesn't mean it's working right, or doing it's intended job at all. A good example on the other side is that for the Xterra, there's $50 knock sensors you can get off of eBay. Nissan it's $250. Now, with that sensor, on the S/C trucks it's a 6hr job, but there's a mod that relocats it and is done in under 30min by anyone, and replacing that sensor now now only take as long as it would to remove a bolt, unclip the connector and reattach. Now you can replace that sensor 5x for the price of the Nissan, so if it fails 5x as often, which is unlikely, you'll come out even then, but even if it fails, it's not a component that will cause a catastrophic failure or something where you'll get stuck on the side of the road. The ECU will know when it's bad and go into safe mode, that's it, but there are some parts that you shouldn't risk. If that AFPR fails in the wrong way and causes a lean condition, detonation could cause serious damage to the motor, but that's upto that person to decide, or care, if that happens.

In the end, you take care of the car, the car will take care of you.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

and also whats the point of a adjustable fpr when your klze is just a stock motor running off its stock ecu? add boost into the equation and i know exactly why they are important.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think we all understand you can't have champane results on a beer budget. lol
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

buy it install it and leave ur stock frp in...then no problems... and tell me exactly how this is s--- if it works.. im just curious because it doesnt have a brand name means its junk... so if i check mine every day and the pressure is always the same.. i have adjusted it and it stays where i put it. .. tell me how i will blow my engine.. it keeps pressure constant.. never dropped or anything wierd or made me nervous.. i mean if u dont mind..because apparently im a wanna be tunner cause im a f---in poor student ?
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

96mx-3 wrote:buy it install it and leave ur stock frp in...then no problems... and tell me exactly how this is s--- if it works.. im just curious because it doesnt have a brand name means its junk... so if i check mine every day and the pressure is always the same.. i have adjusted it and it stays where i put it. .. tell me how i will blow my engine.. it keeps pressure constant.. never dropped or anything wierd or made me nervous.. i mean if u dont mind..because apparently im a wanna be tunner cause im a f---in poor student ?
The simple fact is that it's made more cheaply than others. Maybe it'll work perfectly fine for the life of the car, maybe it'll fail catastrophically and ruin your engine, there's no way of knowing what will happen later on.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”