picture request - KL31 throttle body TPS

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Dragyn Vyrus

picture request - KL31 throttle body TPS

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

i need a close up picture of the correct positioning of the TPS on the KL31 throttle body , i just need to know where to have it exactly. If anyone is able to post up a picture of it that would be awesome and much appreciated. thanks in advance
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Slammed6

Re: picture request - KL31 throttle body TPS

Post by Slammed6 »

I always adjust mine to ~.75 volts. I forgot which wire is the one you wanna put a meter on but as you twist it side to side. MAX one way is 1 Volt and MAX opposite way is .0(something). just test it out.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

or you could read the manual and do it the right way....
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

TPS adjustment is very important. I ve done it a few times and I still take 15mins-1/2 an hour. Lots of write ups here on this just search. .006 .015 .020 now your know.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok I'm in a good mood. Here

Connect ohmeter to 2 bottom pins (BR and BK/DB) and you should get continuity. If not, loosen 2 TPS retaining bolts and rotate until continuity has just barely been achieved. Semi tighten 2 TPS bolts.
Insert .006" (0.15mm) feeler gauge between the throttle stop screw and throttle lever. This should not break the continuity. If it does break continuity, slightly adjust TPS rotation again to regain the continuity. Insert the gauge in and out a few times to verify. Use a .015 feeler gauge and you should still have continuity.
After confirming continuity with 0.015 feeler gauge, insert a .020" (.50mm) feeler gauge. This should just barely break continuity. If not re-adjust TPS rotation again. Re-confirm by re-inserting feeler gauge.
In essence, continuity on initial connection to TPS.
Continuity with .006 and .015 gauge inserted.
No continuity with .020 gauge inserted.
Tighten down TPS retaining bolts.
Re-connect TPS connector.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Maybe you should read the write up on Probetalk.com, Its was like 10-15 pages of people setting it up via the Manual, and there was more power to be made and all around peppiness going off the voltage. And optimum voltage was between .7v-.8v

Always ran my MX-6 and MX-3 with these settings, maybe this has something to do with my cars high WHP, and fast track times :shrug:
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”