turbo my ze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

turbo my ze

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone i think of turbo for my ze where can i get a decent kit for i just wanna run low boost maybe 5 psi wut u guys think
tehbrookzorz

Re: turbo my ze

Post by tehbrookzorz »

You're not ready.
Cody
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

read the sticky in forced induction section.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

and sell me that nitrous kit
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

lol how much u gonna give me for it, i bought the 50 shot thingy and switch to all u need for it is a t vac thingy
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

lol if you're asking such general questions about this, you definitely aren't ready!

Read up ALOT on what you will need, and other peoples setups, than come back here and post specifics of what you are thinking of getting and people will help :mrgreen: I would include upgraded fuel components, engine management and how you plan on doing the work besides just which turbo kit you want to buy.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

get a mechanic to install the turbo, i was told that if im running low boost i wont have to upgrade anything
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

to have a good turbo setup you need atleast 3000$ first of all and you need to read alot alot alot... youre never done... i started mine in november and im still not done... the best is to read and read...

good luck
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

:shrug: Your motor, not mine.

You might want to at least get a FPR to try to up the fuel pressure alittle. Why turbo if you're only going low boost and don't want to upgrade everything else? You should stick w/ nitrous!
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

onlytrueromeo wrote::shrug: Your motor, not mine.

You might want to at least get a FPR to try to up the fuel pressure alittle. Why turbo if you're only going low boost and don't want to upgrade everything else? You should stick w/ nitrous!
if i would of known how much trouble it is to run a turbo on a ze i would of just get some nitrous...

if you allready have nitrous stick with it...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^Turbo is worth it if you want moderate to high gains, not "just alittle turbo kit that my mechanic will install"
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

so you think i should just sticj to the nitrous setup for now
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

the last post you mentioned about nitrous you refered to a few things as "thingys". After reading that I know your not really for boost.

and didn't you just do a ZE swap and need bunch of help. and now your playing with nitrous. That stuff is not only dangerous for the motor but you can kill yourself with it. and whats your plans. running the bottle on the streets. If so let me know your adress so I can come tecah you some lessons about common sense.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

If going turbo I suggest reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. Besides engine internals, consider what turbocharger, manifold, wastegate, boost controller, blow off valve, boost gauge, egt gauge, oil pressure gauge, temp gauges, wideband O2 sensor/controller, upgraded fuel pump, upgraded fuel injectors, electronic fuel and ignition control (or wing it with a FMU and S-AFC or similar), adjustable fuel pressure regulator, coolant lines, oil lines, intercooler, and induction plumbing you will need. You should know what these parts do and how they will affect each other.
Cody
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

The other thing you need to remember. With running boost it doesn't matter how low of boost you go with. Its still something that requires alot of work and tuning and keeping a very good eyes on fuel and air mixtures. 5psi is low enough not to do any damage on a ZE, but if you run too hot (aka lean) you will burn a hole very easily in a piston and maybe take a few rings/valves out as well. Turbocharging an engine is not as easy as you may think. Theres more to it than just bolting on a turbo

Its totally your car and up to you, but I just don't want you to be upset because it didn't work out for ya. and in my honest opinion I would not dump thousands into an mx3 for turbo's. I would rather have a Silvia or something thats rear wheel drive and throw lots of boost at it. Its just that in a N/A ZE the mx3 rips tires apart and has traction issues, can you imagine boost as well as FWD..

Boost + FWD = Watching speedometer move but car not go anywhere.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”