vancouver island ze?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
atomic froster

vancouver island ze?

Post by atomic froster »

anyone on the island out there? i want to put a ze in my 92, but i dont know what shop i should use or who to get the engine off of.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: vancouver island ze?

Post by Ryan »

Any engine importer should carry it, and you'll save lots of money doing it yourself. If you must, ask around performance shops, or smaller garages....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

It's been 3 years since I've been down there. Perhaps you could call one to Auto Parts stores (Lordco, Esquimalt Auto, etc) and ask for a reference of shops that may do that sort of thing, it may be worthwhile.

(I used to be a driver for Lordco in Victoria on Burnside)
Cody
evomx

Post by evomx »

There is an awsome company called FNF motors, look them up on google. They willl ship out to vic. As for the install why not do it your self?? are you from vic???
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

cheaper to go http://www.jdmsource.ca/v2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I got a quote of $1050 shipped to Vancouver. FNF wants $1050 not shipped.

I would also edge towards doing the install yourself. This swap is supposed to be easy but I am dreading doing it myself. However, the shop does not have all of the mx-3.com resources :>:>. They might spend a couple hours trying to fix something that you could read about on here.

I will trying the install in a month on 2 mx-3s :P

I will let you know how it works out
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Dali and I found motors from Richmond from a place we think is called JK Motors?? We got a quote from them of $700. The only thing is that where ever you buy it from, as long as you go local, I'd be inclined to pick it out yourself. That way you can get the cleanest one that they have. Not that the cleanest is going to mean the best, but less estetic work for you. One way you can check is to take off the front VC and check the oil color/condition and the staining of the aluminum head. If it has a light golden color, ok, if it is really dark gold/black, not so good. That is my opinion. As for the install, as long as you get a curved neck manifold on the ZE, or just remove your stock one, the block is the same, everything is the same as a KL08. Just make sure the motor you buy is an ODB1 ('93 and older.) One way to check this is the double water sensors by the filler neck on the left side of the block. One sensor, ODB2. If you're interested, Dali and I are doing motor swaps in Williams Lake. You get the motor shipped up there to our shop, drive up on Friday, and by Sunday you'll be back home. We get good deals on parts and besides main parts the cost for fluids and the like is generally less then $100. We'd advise on changing the timing belt and water pump while the motor is out as there is very little room when it's in. The cost for a timing belt kit and water pump is around $300- $350. Our labour is $500 or if your old motor runs well we'll do it for $400 and keep the old one.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
dabckid

Post by dabckid »

I'm on the island...
JK Motors would be your best bet. But you have to go in and look at the engines because the guys there don't have a clue what they are selling. But they did have a few there a couple months back.
And if you need a hand or just somone to do it. I can help you out.
Pulled and installed a few KLDE's in my MX6's so I know my way around the engine bay.

and yeah do your timing belt and water pump at the same time....

L888888888

B
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

dabckid wrote:I'm on the island...
JK Motors would be your best bet. But you have to go in and look at the engines because the guys there don't have a clue what they are selling. But they did have a few there a couple months back.
And if you need a hand or just somone to do it. I can help you out.
Pulled and installed a few KLDE's in my MX6's so I know my way around the engine bay.

and yeah do your timing belt and water pump at the same time....

L888888888

B
this is the best first post ive ever seen any new member make, congratulations. he is right the timing belt and waterpump and real good to do when its out, better off getting a timing belt kit tho as it has your idler pullies and tensioner pully, for cheaper then if you bought them individually
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Just one thing...the engine bay of an MX-3 is very different than an MX-6. It's the same concept, just different wiring and a lot harder to do a swap into a 6 (at least that's what dali and I think from our experience). That being said, it should be easier for you. :)

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
dabckid

Post by dabckid »

I have a MX3 as well but haven't done any mods to the engine bay.....yet.

Oh and Mazdas arn't the only cars/trucks I have done swaps in.

L88888888

B

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”