How to install OEM spoiler?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
drekati

How to install OEM spoiler?

Post by drekati »

I got an unpainted oem spoiler from ebay. How do i go about installing it? Cant find any info online. I assume it starts with taking the plastic off inside near 3rd brake light?

I am also about to get a paint job, just wondering if i should leave it off to get painted and install myself or see if the paint shop can do it. Any suggestions?
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: How to install OEM spoiler?

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

it's been a while but you have to get inside that part. I remember I took the upper trim off, and then the plastic around that brake light. And there are like... 4 bolts i think? those come off, the black garnish piece comes off, and then the spoiler goes on (and bolts up in the same spots)
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I think it's more like 6 screws but yea. Also, be careful when you're taking it off because you could break some mounting tabs even if it's all unbolted.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
69shelby

Post by 69shelby »

remove the cover on the brake light, take the 3 plugs off the rear plastic trim, remove the 2 front side plastic trim pieces, remove the 3rd brake light, remove the 6 nuts holding the cover on the outside, reverse to install.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

If you were closer I could shoot if for you. If you have local auto paint store have them load you a spray can and you can do it yourself and then clear coat it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”