Vris Points KLZE Curved Neck

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
v6powered

Vris Points KLZE Curved Neck

Post by v6powered »

Hi :))
I am looking for infos about the correct vris points for the Curved Neck IM, the KL31 are false, they are for the Long Neck.

Is the Probinator chip correct? Can I chip my KL59 ECU?

*hopingthaty'allcanhelpme*
solo_ryder

Re: Vris Points KLZE Curved Neck

Post by solo_ryder »

EDIT - What was I thinking! I am such a NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!

:|
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

VRIS 1 Opens 3750rpm
VRIS 1 Closes 6200rpm

VRIS 2 Opens 4250rpm
VRIS 2 Closes 6200rpm
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

as far as the kl59 not sure if it can be chipped - you should just check out Ryan's (probinator) page and then contact him if you are still unsure...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/728690/6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I read somewhere that it is actually better to keep both VRIS points open past 6k rpms on a ZE for best airflow. If you only rev to 6.5k, then this is not a big deal, but for those that go to 8k it was said to make a difference.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

onlytrueromeo wrote:I read somewhere that it is actually better to keep both VRIS points open past 6k rpms on a ZE for best airflow. If you only rev to 6.5k, then this is not a big deal, but for those that go to 8k it was said to make a difference.

Not possible, the Kl engines stop making power at exactly 6200 rpms doesn't matter if your vris is open or shut. so those reving to 8k rpms on stock blocks are just hurting the engines and they need to learn to shift lol. Just because your in higher rpms doesn't mean your making more power, and if you shift at 6200-6500rpm range it will drop you right back in the sweet spot that the kl's love to make power at.

More power can be obtained past 6200rpms but this requires a lil work to the motor :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

My ZE was making peak power at 6800 RPM...and you don't wanna shift at your peak power.

I had a KL-31 cammed KLZE with a curve neck ZE manifold, Stock Airbox, Headers and Exhaust. I was running a KL-36 ECU.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Well, I didn't say it'd be making more power, but you are right in the fact that there is no point on a regular ol' ze.

W/ full bolt ons and cams though + megasquirt there is plenty reason to want to rev. that high, especially if you've changed your tranny. You can still make HP past your torque peak, it won't be as efficient, but it will still work!

Anything to make the vacuum pump better!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”