getting rid of viruses

Off-Topic Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: getting rid of viruses

Post by mitmaks »

well my cousin messed with it and reloaded winXP on it, Im missing some programs etc. I had my digital camera working Polaroid PDC 640 with XP and now program is gone and when I try to install from disc it says I can't run it with Win NT. I really don't want to buy another digital cam, this one worked for years. :crying:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
click3r_vis0n

Post by click3r_vis0n »

Try running the install disk for the camera using windows xp compatibility wizard
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Gotta be something else...what's the program you're trying to install?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Gotta be something else...what's the program you're trying to install?
Trying to install polaroid photomax image maker software. That way I can upload pics on comp from projects that I do. Used to work just fine until recently.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Apparently you're not the only one with that problem. Ironicly, my old Ixla Dualcam 640 gave me the same issues. I eventually got it to work in XP, but never could get the webcam function going.

Anyway, one person said try installing the lastest camera driver. Another guy posted this:
YES YOU CAN USE Polaroild Fun Flash 640 camera with window XP just follow this and you will be able to use it just fine!!!!
STEP 1 -- Install the PhotoMAX software using the Compatibility Wizard

Insert the PhotoMAX CD-ROM in the CD drive. If the program begins installing, click OK to close the "Not compatible with Windows NT" error message.

Start the Wizard by clicking the Start button and choosing All Programs > Accessories > Program Compatibility Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts.

On the second screen, select I want to use the program in the CD-ROM Drive and click Next.

Select Microsoft Windows 98/Windows Me and click Next. (Note: You may have to scroll down to see this option.)

Uncheck the following items:

256 colors

640 X 480 Screen Resolution

Disable Visual Themes

Click Next.

Click Next again. The PhotoMAX software will begin installing. Follow the on-screen prompts.

When prompted to select the type of installation, select Custom and click Next.

At the next screen, uncheck only the "PDC640 Camera TWAIN Driver" selection and click Next.

Follow on-screen prompts to finish the installation and click Finish.

When the Compatibility Wizard asks if the program worked correctly, select Yes and click Next.

When the program asks if you want to send information to Microsoft, select No and click Next to finish the installation.

STEP 2 -- Install a new Windows XP compatible camera driver

NOTE: Please read and/or print out these steps before proceeding to the driver page via the link below.

At the Download Software page, click on Download Now in the box labeled Twain Driver.

In the File Download window that appears, click Save.

In the Save As window that appears, select Desktop from the dropdown menu, then click Save. A progress bar will indicate that the file is downloading.

When the file has finished downloading, click Close.

Close the browser window and go to your desktop.

Double-click the small blue icon labeled PDC640ins2e.exe.

Follow the instructions to install the program. Polaroid recommends accepting the default settings by clicking Next when prompted.

When installation is complete, restart the computer and connect the camera. You should be able to download your pictures.

NOTES

Limited testing of the Program Compatibility Wizard has shown that the PhotoMAX application is functional within Windows XP -- however, some special PhotoMAX features (Screensaver, Sticker Store Deluxe) may not work properly.

If PhotoMAX will not run after using the Program Compatibility Wizard, there may be a conflict with the computer's hardware system. Polaroid's Digital Camera Serial Troubleshooting Guide offers complete overview of serial port conflicts and gives detailed instructions for diagnosing and correcting these errors.
See step 4 in Polaroid's documentation (PDF)
http://www.polaroid.com/service/softwar ... 020502.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, I think you're way overdue for a new camera if that's the case...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

My program compatibility wizard doesn't work :)
click3r_vis0n

Post by click3r_vis0n »

you are not to far north of me, shoot me a pm if you want i can mail your a xp disk will download updates an all, also any programs you might want,most of my pc's with xp work p&p no problems,,never had to install oem software......

on hand on this drive i have...

XP Crystal 2006
XP crystal edition(2007)
XP SP3 - RS & MU
xp service pac 3 builders edition
XP SP3 Evolution v2
XP Pro SP3 Dark Edition Version 3.0
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mitmaks wrote:My program compatibility wizard doesn't work :)
*smacks hand on forehead*

Geez, sounds like your computer is more broken than fixed, lol.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Just an update, got windows xp reloaded and did compatibility wizard and got camera installed back on there. This makes my day as I don't have to get another camera. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Return to “Off-Topic”