I am thinking of Nitrous.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Re: I am thinking of Nitrous.

Post by solo_ryder »

Slammed6 wrote:Building a nitrous kit should be no problem. I ran a 100-shot WET on my KLZE MX-3 for some time. The motors can handle it fine.

All you will need is a fuel pump on anything over a 50-shot. No FPR is needed, and just run the stock Ford Probe GT spark plugs those are good for over a 100-shot of nitrous and still give you a good peppy feelin all-motor.
That is a v-power ZFR6F-11 right? not a 5.. I guess you can also run a BKR6E-11 as well correct? Will a 6 temp plug work fine for the spray or would you recommend a 7? I beleive that 5 temp is stock on a ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

6E are stock ZE
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

dont wanna jack a thread but i figure maybe this can be other info for nitrous... but if i am getting a dry kit.. i have installed an AFPR already... do i need to install the shot..b4 the MAF and let the computer account for it...or do i put it in right b4 the TB and jsut turn up the pressure a bit.. ?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

IIRC lines go in AFTER the VAF
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

ive been told both ..so jsut trying to figure it out for sure..cause they both make sence in a way
nlsolja123

Post by nlsolja123 »

i've always seen the shot between the vaf and t/b as well
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

That is a v-power ZFR6F-11 right? not a 5.. I guess you can also run a BKR6E-11 as well correct? Will a 6 temp plug work fine for the spray or would you recommend a 7? I beleive that 5 temp is stock on a ZE
The 5F-11 is stock for the USDM MX-6 LS, and these are ideal if you run All-motor ONLY, you may get away with up to a 50-shot, but never tried it.

The 6F-11 for the best combo of Nitrous and All-motor, I've personally run up to a 125-shot on these plugs and they work great.

The 7F-11 are way too cold of a plug, when running these all-motor the car really lost some peppiness, but on nitrous felt fine. I just never liked to drive all-motor with these, they also sooted up the plugs pretty bad.
dont wanna jack a thread but i figure maybe this can be other info for nitrous... but if i am getting a dry kit.. i have installed an AFPR already... do i need to install the shot..b4 the MAF and let the computer account for it...or do i put it in right b4 the TB and jsut turn up the pressure a bit.. ?
With a dry kit you do not need a AFPR, A dry nitrous kit will tap into your stock FPR, via vacuum line, and as you spray it puts pressure on your stock FPR and raising your fuel pressure as necessary.

And you should never spray anything through your VAF, your nitrous nozzle should go between yout VAF and Throttle Body
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

This thread makes me want nitrous. I'd go small, and probably dry. Just because :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Booo Nawzzz!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Wet is better than dry! Just cuz dry is easier doesn't mean its the right option!

Ryan get your dang engine installed first.

I would love to run N20 but alas, polizia would have me! It is too hard to conceal a bottle (plus illegal) and they'd most likely make me keep it disconnect most of the time. :(

I will save for a turbo to get my power!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I am entirely guilty of getting ahead of myself. Just ask the GF.

Motor will go in early-mid April :) NOS comes next year? :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Wet is better than dry! Just cuz dry is easier doesn't mean its the right option!

Ryan get your dang engine installed first.

I would love to run N20 but alas, polizia would have me! It is too hard to conceal a bottle (plus illegal) and they'd most likely make me keep it disconnect most of the time. :(

I will save for a turbo to get my power!
I'm sorry but Nitrous is not illegal to have on the car, It is only illegal to "use" on the street. I have smogged my cars and had cops inspect the car with my nitrous, as long as the bottle is not connected to the line and pressurized its perfectly legal.

Now on the other hand if a cop pulls you over and sees a turbo on a car that was not originally turbo'd, Illegal anyway you look at it.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

depends on where you are, here in canada its not illegal to turbo a n/a car. The difference is that the insurance needs to know if you went turbo or they can deny you coverage here. I have never heard of puttin a turbo on a n/a car being illegal now that I think of it. I out a 8 cyl into a z24 about 10 years ago and that was not illegal. It was swapped from fwd to rwd with a custom chassis, once it passed saefty I was good to go.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Haha, I forget that we have many different countries here.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”