no sunroof on GS

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Savin

Re: no sunroof on GS

Post by Savin »

The aftermarket glass sunroofs were not in the same location as the stock GS ones. The aftermarket ones were further back, around 9" verse the 4.5" (or so) the stock one is at. I have a glass one sitting up in my room. It wouldn't work out to well in the stock spot. The curvature is slightly different. SuperK got me a glass one off one of the cars in the JY. He got me measurements and such. (the purple RS in his JY thread)

Unless all the aftermarket glass sunroofs came with measurements on where exactly to install them, they could vary in location. hotsiit has a glass one I believe, maybe he can contribute some info and compare measurements?

There are some MX-3's that have glass, plexi, lexan, etc. in place of the stock sheet metal. I assume it would just be as simple as swapping out the metal for one of mentioned. I have no clue though.

When I have a worthy MX to install the sunroof, I'll do a write-up, or when I decide to get rid of my purple POS I'll install it for write-up purposes. I'd do it on my GS, but it already has a sunroof. Maybe I can still compare sizes and whatnot. I'm about to cut up the car and scrap it anyway.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

MX-3zoom wrote:a/c and MOONroof. anyone wit glass up top please get some pics so i can see if its worth doing!!!! :welder:
No, sunroof is the correct term, as moonroof indicates a clear/seethru sunroof panel.

I have both a sunroof and A/C.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i have a/c and a moonroof in my 94 GS but i wish i had a glass moonroof...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

i Have a sunroof and ac but my sunroof don't work =( i Have to open it up manually which sucks lol
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,

Return to “Appearance”