check engine light

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

check engine light

Post by mccabe »

kk so its been a bit since this started but when i drive my car the check engine light will come on an stay on for a bit then flicker and go out. but it will also blink my car dosnt drive any different since this happened but whats causeing it im not sure how to check it.
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
colinsmx3

Re: check engine light

Post by colinsmx3 »

What yr is your car?? is it b4 96?? If so you have to open the Diag box in the engine bay against the fire wall and jump a wire from ground and ten, then turn the key to the ON position (but don't start the car) and count how many flashes you have on the check engine light.

Better yet go here http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... de#p219193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and it will tell you all you need to know! :love2:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

its a 92 gs
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

click on the link.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”