HEI trouble 1995 mx3 OBDI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RX8SE3P

HEI trouble 1995 mx3 OBDI

Post by RX8SE3P »

Yes it's me again....

I was looking at my disty today and the orange wire on the 6 wire plug was very frayed, I thought, damn that might break at any time. I tugged lightly on it to test strength. It broke right at the end of the plug!!!! Tried to start to see what would happen, it cranks over but never starts up.

Now thank god I have a HEI module lying around.... I thought I might as well hook it up.

Now correct me if I am wrong. Let me explain step by step -

The orange wire that went to the 6 pin plug now goes to HEI G terminal (it's no longer going to the plug that plugs into the disty it goes straight to the HEI).

I then hook up the W to ground. This is all being tested with a multi meter for continuity btw. I also hook that hole near the B & C terminals to Ground.

I then get the red wire from the 3 pin plug and make it go to C on the HEI. I then get the blue from the 3 pin plug and plug to the B terminal.

Basically followed the guide... tried swapping the blue and red wires, but no worky.

Am I meant to completely disconnect the Red and Blue wires from the plug and go straight to the HEI or should I have kept them there so they go to the plug AND the HEI?

:shrug:

* just tried with the red and blue hooked up to the plug and to the HEI. No luck. Cranks over fast but no spark, doesn't start. Wtf?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Re: HEI trouble 1995 mx3 OBDI

Post by RX8SE3P »

bump
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”