Removing side skirts

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
RX8SE3P

Removing side skirts

Post by RX8SE3P »

How? I tried today, I can see all the screws. I'm looking at one of the side skirts next to the back wheel. There's three screws on the bottom and then there's two on the side, which the back wheel almost blocks. Those two near the wheel are a b---- and even though I am unscrewing, they won't come out. I stripped the thread a bit now too, it's like they're screws made out of plastic..... It's pissing me off because these things are on the front side skirts too and I have the same prob again. Why does everything on these cars have to be so stupidly designed lol.

I want them off so I can see how it looks without them, and if I like them on, I will paint them as they are faded as hell. So either way I need to remove all the plastic side skirts that are faded. Even the ones near the front wheels are stuck in with a couple of those flimsy non working screws!

Will post a pic once I find my camera's battery charger.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
93SOHC

Re: Removing side skirts

Post by 93SOHC »

if they stripped out, you have to get at the edge of the screw head with a pick or tiny screwdriver and pry em out. the threads are microscopic so they are easy to yank out with out actually loosening them. Oh and btw, if you don't wan't those skirts i'll take em', LOL. :lol:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Appearance”