B6T SWAP INTO 92 MX-3 INFO PLEASE HELP

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MX3PILOT22

B6T SWAP INTO 92 MX-3 INFO PLEASE HELP

Post by MX3PILOT22 »

OK SO I HOPE IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE . I HAVE A 92 MX-3 SOHC 5 SPEED . AND MY FRIEND IS GIVING ME HIS B6T XR2 CAPRI SWAP FOR FREE AND I TOOK THE OFFER . HES GIVEN ME THE ENGINE AND TRANS WITH HARNESS AND MAF , ECU . ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO DO THIS SWAP . DO I KEEP MY HARNESS OR WHAT PLEASE HELP ME OUT :D

I HAVE LOOKED ON HERE ABOUT THE SWAP ALREADY BUT JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE INFO
94drumx3

Re: B6T SWAP INTO 92 MX-3 INFO PLEASE HELP

Post by 94drumx3 »

oh no i can sense it coming...people are gonna start ranting about how you should search the forums...and post only once hahaha
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Yes there should be a ton of info on here about that.

Simplified:

-Use B6T engine long block (if I remember correctly the 323 tranny positions the axles further back than the MX-3).

-Your stock tranny is gonna take a dump from the new power (spyder gears usually). Upgrade tranny n drive line to 90-93ish Protege LX (Tranny, Clutch, Flywheel, axles, tranny mounts). See my cardomain page for pics of what you do to the Pro-LX jack shaft mount.

-Use your OEM engine mangement etc... with a APEXi S-AFC fuel controller (you'll have to cut the 323 injector clips off it's harness and replace your OEM injector clips with them). You'll also want to upgrade your MAF to the 2nd Gen RX-7s. If you want to purchase a modified fuel injector harness or RX-7 MAF PM me as I still have mine from before I went to a standalone EMS. Upgrade fuel pump to 255lph.

The future things you wanna do is upgrade the Intercooler to a large front mount, add a boost controller, & replace the little bypass valve with a HKS SSQV or Tial Q blow off valve.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

MX3PILOT22 wrote:OK SO I HOPE IM IN THE RIGHT PLACE . I HAVE A 92 MX-3 SOHC 5 SPEED . AND MY FRIEND IS GIVING ME HIS B6T XR2 CAPRI SWAP FOR FREE AND I TOOK THE OFFER . HES GIVEN ME THE ENGINE AND TRANS WITH HARNESS AND MAF , ECU . ALL I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO DO THIS SWAP . DO I KEEP MY HARNESS OR WHAT PLEASE HELP ME OUT :D

I HAVE LOOKED ON HERE ABOUT THE SWAP ALREADY BUT JUST NEED A LITTLE MORE INFO
Read the Faq, learn the Faq, love the Faq.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Savin

Post by Savin »

I don't think MX3PILOT22 has anything to worry about when it comes to the trans. I believe the Capri xr2 only has around 130hp or so (just enough to compete with the Miata). Its nothing spectacular, of that I'm sure. If you plan to up the boost later, then yes, its best to swap the trans for a stronger one now.

The motor should mount the same as the SOHC since its the same block. Everything should be straight forward. I don't know much else regarding the swap, but it shouldn't be too difficult, you are swapping a B6 for a B6 after all. :wink:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

I don't know why people dont give the f series trans any credit, its been holding up to my 50 trim at 13 psi....
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Probably because one of my friends and I broke 5 of them before finally switching out drivelines in 2 different cars. Atleast 2 broke with the 130HP B6T engine out of a Capri XR2 in his car...mine had the J-Spec B6T. Since then another fried of mine and I have broken 1 Pro-LX open diff and I exploded a MS LSD in mine along with twisting 3 sets of axle splines and shearing the custom stub completely in half a while back.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

I guess ive just been lucky.
Today i had to move the car out of my barn for remodleing and after it warmed up i did a 2nd gear burnout in the road, just for grins and to piss of the neighbors :twisted:
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

TMeadows
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by TMeadows »

JWMotorsports wrote:Probably because one of my friends and I broke 5 of them before finally switching out drivelines in 2 different cars. Atleast 2 broke with the 130HP B6T engine out of a Capri XR2 in his car...mine had the J-Spec B6T. Since then another fried of mine and I have broken 1 Pro-LX open diff and I exploded a MS LSD in mine along with twisting 3 sets of axle splines and shearing the custom stub completely in half a while back.
Would like to add that the 1 broken PRO-LX was simply broken spider gears. If I am not mistaken, that was the same case we installed your MS LSD in before you wreaked holy havoc on it coming off the line.

Just a quick word of advice to anyone who questions JWMotorsports responses... don't. Between myself, him and another friend, we have been through these cars enough to know where the weak points are. Also, he does more freaking research on EVERYTHING than anyone else I have ever met, so he usually knows exactly what hes talking about.

Return to “Forced Induction”