Rear Window Visibility???

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
96mx3guy

Rear Window Visibility???

Post by 96mx3guy »

So I am brand new to owning an MX3 and so far I love mine. The only thing that is taking some getting used to is the visibility out the rear window. Maybe it is just because I am coming from a golf, where my view out the rearview mirror basically was just the full size of the rear hatch window. But I find it sorta annoying with the spoiler right in the middle of my vision. Maybe it is just because my rear window is tinted too.

Does anyone else find this annoying?

What would it look like if I removed the spoiler (I have a 96 Canadian GS)? Would it remove the blind spot or would there still be a space where you can't see out of in the back glass?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Rear Window Visibility???

Post by Ryan »

The small window is the most useful. Big one is more for cloudwatching.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

If you really want better visibility swap the little window glass for lexan or more glass... the black dots take away alot of visibility... fowljesse has done it and it is nice....

removing the spoiler will not help at all - it will just make your car look odd :D

other than that - just get used to it - a small price to pay for an AMAZING CAR!!!! :mrgreen:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I find the rear window visibility quite good actually, but it doesn't help with you have an actual wing in the middle of view...but it does work well at blocking pesky bright headlights.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. Check out my worklog. I have before, and after pics. Taking off the GS spoiler did help me a little. When I put the Lexan hatch window in, there will be a tiny strip of visual blockage that won't hinder noticably. Also, you can replace your third brake light with an LED strip. In about a month when I put on my fiberglass hatch, I'll do it, and post pics in my worklog. I have thought of moving the 3rd brakelight to the top of the hatch, too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”