Knocking sound NOT GOOD!!!!!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mccabe

Knocking sound NOT GOOD!!!!!

Post by mccabe »

kkk, well last week i ended up hitting a crub :oops: :evil: (i know my falt i still had summer tries on in ice) but anyways when i barake at lower speed i hear a smacking noice like something is moving forward and i looked i think it my be one of my a-arm but what could it be? what could it be and how do i fix it? i was told it might be a ball joint but not sure. o and its fine unless im braking. and when my cars parked i can move my trie back and forth :crying: and it makes a clicking sound???? any help or ideas would be great :D
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: Knocking sound NOT GOOD!!!!!

Post by mccabe »

i took a look at the arams and the bootom arm is moving on the back conection not the front so what is it that i broke then
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mccabe wrote:and when my cars parked i can move my trie back and forth :crying: and it makes a clicking sound???? any help or ideas would be great :D
Check your wheel bearing and tie rods/a-arm bushings.

Usually if you can jack the car up and move the tire back and forth your wheel bearing is shot
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

i lookoed and i pretty sure its not the wheel bearing due to it was frine before and i think they have been replace but your probly right about the trie rod i had my car up on jackes yeterday putting my all sesons on that i got for 45 bucks on alloy rims and they spun fine no noise but the noice came when i moved thetire back and forth

ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

well, of course it was fine before you hit the curb ;). make sure theres no play in that tie rod end, and if there isn't. Chances are its your wheel bearing.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

mccabe wrote:when my cars parked i can move my trie back and forth :crying:

wait, you can move your tire back and forth, while the car's parked? Like a inch or two forward and backwards? Without moving the car? Like, independantly from the whole car, the tire moves back and forth?

Erm... my rim did that too, independantly from the car, while parked, you could rock the tire back and forth a good bit.
You know what the problem was?

Yes, my control arm (or a arm) was ripped in half there. Not a smart idea to drive on, but heck, I never claimed to be smart.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

super k was right i took my a arm off and it was broken too(i drove on it too :wink: )

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”