help me new kid with mazdas smoked light covers and bumpers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MazdaDude24

help me new kid with mazdas smoked light covers and bumpers

Post by MazdaDude24 »

Do you know where I can find smoked headlights and tail lights for a 1994 Mazda MX-3? or if they even make them. I am also looking for cheap front bumpers for the same vehicle. Thanks for your time.
Savin

Re: help me new kid with mazdas smoked light covers and bumpers

Post by Savin »

Smoked headlights? *shoots you in head* why decrease the already crappy lights?
Tails: eBay.......
bumpers: aftermarket or stock?
Cheap aftermarket won't happen..... stock: Check the JY's dude!

Do some research....I'm surprised you didn't ask about smoked signals and side markers...

Just so you know. This is a nice answer. :D I could have been a straight up a**hole.
Take Care!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There's a wealth of info on this... alot by me, but I don't feel like retyping it. Use the search in the red banner.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MazdaDude24

Post by MazdaDude24 »

like i said im new i used to driving a jeep offroad is where im comfortable but thanks for the help im sure ur nice in person
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes I am :)
Here's what you do:
Click on the word "Search" in the red banner under the MX-3 at the top of the page. Type in the words "smoked tail lights" in the top bar, then scroll down, and click on "Search". If you're not satisfied, try again with other keywords. If you still have trouble, write again here.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I believe GTS makes smoked and clear headlight covers. To just black out or smoke your tailights, you can use vht night shades (i think that is what it is called). As mentioned earlier, there are 4 styles of aftermarket taillights. chrome, black, cf look altezza with a clear outer lens and then an altezza with a smoked outer lens.

Do you have any local "pull-it-yourself" junkyards? Should be able to easily find a stock bumper, or check ebay for cheap FG aftermarket bumpers.
:)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
MazdaDude24

Post by MazdaDude24 »

thanks jesse and hotsiit. yes i look at them they dont have any mx3's but they have mx6's i wouldnt go this far to take something off a completely different car but this bumper is f****ed up. So ii was wondering you all might kno if a front 1993 mx6 front would fit on a 1994 mx3? same with the back?
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Here is what the $100 Shipped Ebay tails look like on my car! there awsome! Well worth the money and NO FOGING!

Lights OFF:

Lights ON:

NO the MX6 wont fit the front or rear of the car.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

VHT Nightshade is a spray paint that will make your stock tails look exactly like Colin's when they're off. Of course, they look stock when they're on. I did mine about 4 years ago, and they still look great. You can also use Pactra Racing Finish. It's easier to find. It's sold at hobby stores as R/C car paint. Either one can be used very lightly on your headlights to grey them.
MazdaDude24

Post by MazdaDude24 »

Fowl jesse do i spray on the inside of the tail lights or the outside?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Outside dude...
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
MazdaDude24

Post by MazdaDude24 »

Well when you put it that way it really does make more sense then the reasons I thought of.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's very easy, and you can do everything for $8. I did everything but the headlights. I'm actually going to do my headlights, too :shock: Just one light coat to keep them from clouding right away.
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

hey does anyone know where in canada u can buy that vhtpaint? like canadian tire? wallmart? lordco?
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

if you use that vht crap spray VERY light coats or it runs. I did a few tail lights with this stuff but I don't recommend it. It tends to go a little to dark for my liking and getting it even is a bit of a pita.

Return to “Appearance”