[WTB] pre-fabbed HEI setup

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
Mazda_Powered

[WTB] pre-fabbed HEI setup

Post by Mazda_Powered »

I'm looking to purchase one of these in the next few weeks. My car has a miss and won't go away. I'm assuming its the crappy distributor.

Vehicle is a 1993 Mazda 626 V6 atx if it matters.

I do not need the coil, i've got a Accel Super Stack right in front of me :) just need the rest.

Shipped to London, Ontario (canada)

Jack.
Last edited by Mazda_Powered on November 23rd, 2008, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: pre-fabbed HEI setup

Post by fowljesse »

Fix the topic, Jack :wink:
I recommend buying 1 of Solo's 7 nipple distys. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67359" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If your coil is the kind with a tower on it, you can plug it right in. I can make this setup for you, whatever way you want. I need the $$ :shrug: If you want to use your disty, and cap, you can send it to me, and I'll do everything. I don't know how much exactly it would cost, but I'd charge $10/ hour for the labor. I'd put it in my car, and then take it apart, and send it to you.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mazda_Powered

Re: [WTB] pre-fabbed HEI setup

Post by Mazda_Powered »

i'm not looking into purchasing it right away, definately in a few weeks.

i'd also be wanting to modify a usdm distributor cap for this application.

so what all would you you need for this tho? when the time comes i can send you enough $$ to cover the HEI setup with a new cap.

What do you think this would cost in the end before shipping too?

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here is a link to the "How-to", with approximate prices.
http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to it, the cost would be around $60 for the hardware minus the coil. If it takes the estimated 2.5 hours, that would be $25 for labor. So, add the cost of the cap, and that would be a rough estimate :) I could shrink wrap the connections for whatever it costs, too.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

wow i haven't seen that one before. the other how-to's seem so incomplete compared to this one.

the only thing that wound concern me is the HEI is exposed with no cover. I might have to figure out a casing for it or possibly re-locate it somewhere else. hmmm

i'll keep you posted as to when i need this done k? i didn't realize it was going to cost around $100 after shipping and what not. I heard this was a $25 fix :P but it adds up.

I need to do this before my emissions test though, because the car does have a mean miss, and new plugs did not improve anything (wires/cap/rotor are great).

JACK.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, it adds up. Everything I do ends up costing 2x as much $$ AND time as I think it will. I did a completely different HEI/ coil setup that took several days, because no one had done it before. It's in my worklog, if you're interested. It costed over $200, including ZE disty, but it's the best so far.. Almost 60,000v at the plugs (almost 2x stock).
I wanted to have someone do the HEI/ ext. coil for me, too, but no one would. It's actually pretty easy with the write-up.

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”