K8 to KLZE/DE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: K8 to KLZE/DE swap

Post by fowljesse »

:lol:
You should have seen my "April Fools" topic a few years ago.... Made some people upset (even moderators), because I knew they wouldn't read it thoroughly.
I've been in several accidents that could have easily killed me, and got no help from insurance, so F them. I got a letter in the hospital about how they were going to sue me for their client being in a dead stop in a van in the fast lane on the freeway at sunset, just on the backside of the crest of a small hill, and I hit her. She was rubbernecking a guy who fell off his bike in the median going the other way. He was fine. I hit her going about 65, was ejcted, there was fire... Sorry, I got started. Moral of the story: F them. I'm not recommending anything... Just saying I hate them.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

They way I see it:
If you actually got what you paid for when it comes to insurance, how would they make money?
They're shisters by nature. Lots of industries are like that.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Daninski wrote:Ya not bad, nice camera for hobby shots. :) Do you have Adobe Photoshop and if not PM me. :wink:
Edit: If that's your camera what did you take the picture with??? :confused2:
I have a Macintosh, and i do have Adobe's Photoshop :)
I took those pictures with my GF's cellphone :confused2:
I didnt have my camera with me at the time :shrug:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Hey outlaw hows the swap going? you get that car yet?

I have a good condition MX-6 with a KLDE motor. It runs very nice and is powerful, there's no reason not to put one into an MX3. I think rebuilding one and then putting a turbo on or maybe just headers would be very nice.

Btw, in regards to the ZE. You can always swap the DE retainer things in so the ZE won't drop a valve etc. Then it'd be just as good as a DE in terms of reliability. Honestly though, both these engines don't have much power after 6500 so there's no real need to rev past 7000.

Good luck with your swap either way.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”