???????????????????????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

???????????????????????

Post by mccabe »

kk, so i have been reading about the klze swap and i going to buy my engine from them i have heard good things about them. but when i get it, it will come with an ecu can i just use that one and itll run fine or do i have to run my old one with te chip?????

and what else is need beside

engine
clutch
flywheel
old tranny
cold air intake
exhaust
knowlage
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: ???????????????????????

Post by mccabe »

(jdm source) got to slow down
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

First off, do a search. Covered 1000x on the site.

Secondly, make your title appropriate to your question.
i going to buy my engine from them i have heard good things about them
JDM source is OK at best. The owner is not the nicest dude to deal with. Hopefully your motor is ok. Make sure you get a warranty from him and get some good pictures of the engine/valvetrain before you pay.
when i get it, it will come with an ecu can i just use that one and itll run fine or do i have to run my old one with te chip?????
No, you will need to get a ecu before you put the motor in or run your k8 ecu on the KLZE motor, but it will run poorly. I would recommend taking your time and getting the parts you need before you install the motor. That is one of the biggest amateur mistakes.
and what else is need beside

engine
clutch
flywheel
old tranny
cold air intake
exhaust
knowlage
Engine - You may want to change the timing belt/water pump/serpentine belts to be safe. The k8 disty, alternator and PS pump will work with the KLZE
Clutch - You want to get a good MX6 or Ford Probe clutch (larger surface area). Stage 1 or 2 is ok. (Spec, Clutchmasters, Centerforce, ACT)
Flywheel - Stock MX3 flywheel is fine, make sure to resurface
Tranny - Use stock mx3 tranny. Bolts right up
Cold air - Search the site, its not that important, just get the motor in first
Exhaust - Search the site, there are headers on eBay from a ford probe that will fit
Knowledge - Search the site and then search again before you post. Look at other members worklogs and check the V6 FAQ

You may also want to look at some motor mounts. You can fill yours with urathane, or look at some AWR mounts. Get yourself a Chiltons manual as well, that will help with the swap and anything maintenance wise you need.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Waterpump and belts too! Highly recommended!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

^^^^solo ryder mentioned that above
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Your right. I read it too quick and didn't see it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I didn't enjoy my experience with JDMsource at all. Although everything turned out alright with my ZE. It was just a very uncomfortable experience. I still wasn't sure I'd got what I'd payed for until I actually had the car running. Make absolutely sure they compression test the engine before shipping it out.

The guy who runs that place sent me an email with both the compression numbers AND the TRACKING NUMBER. He'd already shipped it before I confirmed that it was alright. He also lied to me about the compression saying that it was 180psi across all cylinders. I was pretty pissed off at that point considering a ZE is supposed to be around 200, but when it got here I checked it and it was actually 200 across all cylinders. I'm sure he just said 180 because it sounded good and hadn't actually tested it.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”