lowering

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mccabe

lowering

Post by mccabe »

Hey every one i have done some searching about lowering my car but what is a good drop i live in calgary and its still my winter car and my summer car. i ahve stock rims with studed winter tires and 17'' rims. i was woundering whatt is a good drop so that i dont snow plow in the winter but still lock good with rims. i was thing about geting new struts not sure what one yet yet but i hear they can drop the car a half inch alone so i was thinking avout get one inch lowering springs as well but is that to low????? :x
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
Ukrman

Re: lowering

Post by Ukrman »

I used Eibach springs and Tokico shocks on my previous MX3 and worked awesome. Its 1.3 inch drop in the front and 1.0 in the back. I think thats possibly the smallest aftermarket drop that you can get, unless you get Ground Control and adjust the ride height. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that you can get 0.5 inch drop. IMO I think thats the perfect set up, because handling is improved and ride comfort isn't terribly compromised. As far as snow, I live in northern NJ, and sometimes we get some good snow (nothing like Canada lol) but never had a problem.
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: lowering

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

My car was winter driven last year... I recently put on tokicos and eibachs... they are awesome. I've made the mistake with the dropzone coils that blew my struts, but I was lower then with the eibachs. I got around just fine w/ 14" rims.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”