Cruved neck KLZE vacuum issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mad Cow

Cruved neck KLZE vacuum issues

Post by Mad Cow »

Could somebody post a good vacuum diagram for the curved neck KLZE? I found a few but they're either incomplete or just plain wrong (wrong nipple locations and stuff) My ZE has some really weird vacuum connections, especially with the fuel pressure regulator, where there's no solenoid and it goes into one of the EGR vacuum ports.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
RX8SE3P

Re: Cruved neck KLZE vacuum issues

Post by RX8SE3P »

Got any pics? If you post pics of some of the lines you are having trouble with, I might be able to help out.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Fuel with EGR, bad news Dude.
Your fuel pressure is vacuum controlled so the same vac line that goes to your FPR may be going to a solinoid by your EGR via a T fitting. The EGR has a pressure and return coolant line and of course connects to your exhaust via a pipe. The ZE has only one vac point by the FPR on the intake where as the K8 has two vac lines on the intake so you have to T fitting the one to provide vacuum to both the FPR and over to the solinoid under your TB. I'll look at mine again tonite and get back to you. Don't sweat it, we all go throught this vacuum line problem when we ZE our engines.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DimaK

Post by DimaK »

man, its a can of worms
sell it......ill pay you what you paid for it
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Daninski wrote:Fuel with EGR, bad news Dude.
Your fuel pressure is vacuum controlled so the same vac line that goes to your FPR may be going to a solinoid by your EGR via a T fitting. The EGR has a pressure and return coolant line and of course connects to your exhaust via a pipe. The ZE has only one vac point by the FPR on the intake where as the K8 has two vac lines on the intake so you have to T fitting the one to provide vacuum to both the FPR and over to the solinoid under your TB. I'll look at mine again tonite and get back to you. Don't sweat it, we all go throught this vacuum line problem when we ZE our engines.
Thanks, I got a spare T fitting from the vac lines that I pulled out and did just that, I'm going to a junkyard to find an FPR solenoid just in case. So far it's running a it better, but it still might not start if I wait too long when the engine is hot.

And Dima, I know you want this car, but I'm not giving up that easily. :lol:
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”