New PRMracing Intake System

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
farotechy

New PRMracing Intake System

Post by farotechy »

PRM has designed a new intake system from throttle body. What a difference in performance, chrome pipe and new filter. Completely designed for MX-3. I have posted some pics, take a look.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470 ... C01774.jpg

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470 ... C01775.jpg

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470 ... C01770.jpg
tmac4t4

Re: New PRMracing Intake System

Post by tmac4t4 »

thats new? i swear ive seen that before, a few times :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

Thats the newest Intake custom built for the MX-3. I have never been happier with this Intake, really nice and sounds good.
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

How much performance difference? I don't see it doing anything more than any other filter all it does is look different.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i think mine costed me like $30 and i custom fitted it off of a civic.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i made a custom MS instake and it looks the same ... :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

That's cute, even if you show me I would not beleive it performs and looks like my PRM. Im guessing you dont like to spend money on your car for good performance and looks. Anywho.... Cheers. This post is specifically to let Mx-3 fans know about whats new with Intakes.
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

For anyone who needs more info, I encourage you to email prm@look.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with questions regarding specs/enhancements.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

farotechy wrote:That's cute, even if you show me I would not beleive it performs and looks like my PRM. Im guessing you dont like to spend money on your car for good performance and looks. Anywho.... Cheers. This post is specifically to let Mx-3 fans know about whats new with Intakes.
farotechy...im sorry if i hurt your feelings, ill try to be more sensitive next time
I really dont need to show u anything, and u should not forget that a Cold Air Intake does NOT give a N/A car such a big performance boost that justifies the "not beleive it performs" sentence ... i mean, come on, u can tell 2 real CAI's apart in a N/A ? lol
The looks u win, since everything made DIY is allways more ugly than a aftermarket part, but be sure that i am lightyears ahead of u in pride
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

farotechy wrote:That's cute, even if you show me I would not beleive it performs and looks like my PRM. Im guessing you dont like to spend money on your car for good performance and looks. Anywho.... Cheers. This post is specifically to let Mx-3 fans know about whats new with Intakes.
That's a ballsy thing for a guy with 10 posts to say.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I got a prm intake when i got my 1st mx-3, and i was proud of it. But when it yielded the same dyno results as a K&N filter with ebay pipes, which cost about 50 dollars less and Looked better IMO, I decided to go the cheaper route that looks better, has the same performance and allows me more options to manipulate how i want the intake to run.

The new one looks better, but its just about the same in what you get vs what it is. 189+shipping is a lot for what is being provided
Last edited by Mnemonic on August 25th, 2008, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

only diff is that the filter has a nice cover. I have a PRM, the cover ended up cracking and breaking.
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

Thats nice. All I am saying is what I said and showed you all the new intake system, performs and deliveres a nice sound through the filter, besides the looks. So I really don't know why your bustin da pallini. Ebay is goodluck bud and if you get lucky with that crap enjoy, i'd love to see the mickey mouse stuff ebay has to offer unless you pay the bucks you don't get jack good stuff. BTW, MX-3 posts is for information on whats new and whats up. Im just having fun, maybe some of you should consider that. Oh and btw, if you dont have it you can't brag about it.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

are you an PRM racing employee? I sense that you are, anyways it doesn't matter. Most of mx-3 community makes custom made parts themselves. Its hard for me to afford almost $200 intake for a 15 year old car. I simply bought intake for a civic that fits and threw a cone filter on it, I can do a K&N filter but again money is tight.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Uhh...you seem like kind of a jerk from your posts...
Thanks for the update on the Intake though it does look nice, just try to have some better manners - this is more of a community than a forum.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”