Im frustrated with this surprise issue!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Suzuka 323

Im frustrated with this surprise issue!

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Alright, the other day I get into my car and head out, nothing wrong at the first stop sign, but about 1/2 a mile down the road to the next stop it stumbles and then dies so I turn around and go home. I sit in the driveway for about 15 seconds and then the idle gets rough and then dies unless I pulse the throttle. I checked the plugs and they were pretty much done. I changed the plugs just now without any result and it's been 2.5 days since I've had it started, but now it won't even try to run. I start it, the RPMs climb to 1500 then fall immediately and it dies. Now here's the worst part, if I start it and pulse the throttle it's really rough up to 3000k then it sounds like it should, smooth. I've checked the PVC and it's good, the wires are good, the battery is new, and I've checked for vac leaks without results so if someone could help me out that'd be great.
69shelby

Re: Im frustrated with this surprise issue!

Post by 69shelby »

bad gas? how much is in it?
Savin

Post by Savin »

Check the disty, see if everything is good there. I had a similar issue and mine was the harness wires going to the disty; they were so bad (worn, exposed, even broken) that I had to get different plugs and splice them in. I did that and presto, it idles.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Suzuka 323

Post by Suzuka 323 »

Well guys, I decided to go get a new PCV Valve even after cleaning it out cause obviously it could still be bad and once it was replaced voila it runs with ease and is back to smokin em at launch so all is well.

Thank you for the quick replies though!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”