bored tb

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

bored tb

Post by Dali »

just wondering where anyone got their millenia tb bored out at, looking to bore it out or buy a used one. group buy? thanks.
1993 White gs klze.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: bored tb

Post by PATDIESEL »

for what reason? From what I've read a bored TB will only offer more HP with boost or a higher comp ratio. So that you do not start a GB to wate people's money you need to do some research on what the benfits are and post them along with your idea to start a GB before you get someone, or yourself to start one.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

for sure, just wondering where people got theirs from, rebuilding the klze for boost this summer but ive only found a couple of places that do this and they have not touched a millenia tb.
1993 White gs klze.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

A bored TB will add more power to any motor, not to mention incredible throttle response.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I hear that with a bored TB on a KL engine will give a loss of TQ, especially on the low end
93MX3KLZE-T

Post by 93MX3KLZE-T »

A bored TB will help more on a n/a car compared to a boosted car. I think it is a great mod for a car either way. They don't cost too much and you can actually feel the difference. I got my 65mm TB from a guy that does them on probetalk. His name is Greg94pgt, he did a great job boring it and also installed a new plate.

Jeremy
93 MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, T304E ***SOLD***
221.9 whp 219.0 wtq @ 5 psi untuned
13.4 @ 108 mph
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

yes you will loose a bit of torque, but you will gain it in the top end which is were these motors make most there power anyways. Yes its true the gain is more on a boosted car. But on an N/A car the gain is decent in top end and yielding about 5hp or so. And the throtle response will be alot nicer especially if you have a Cold air intake. Only problem is the cost to get it done properly. Theres a guy on Probetalk that does them for k series for good prices. If i remember right his name is Greg94PGT or something, just do a search and you will come up with results.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I have 2 bored TB's... I got one from a guy locally and another one from the UK.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/a ... dy&x=0&y=0

Both 64 & 68mm available £65 after exhange :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i am gettin mine bored soon...then we will see if it makes the car faster or slower
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

marcdh wrote:http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/a ... dy&x=0&y=0

Both 64 & 68mm available £65 after exhange :)
Why would you go for a 64 or a 68mm?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you will have idle issues.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

Idle issues will arise but a little adjusting and you should be alright.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

One says idle issues... other says no issues

They way I understood the difference is that the 68mm is loosing the IAC connection since they have to bore it up further and hit those channels (afterwards, the'll fill it up)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

there seems to be alot of mixed thoughts on this mod. some say it is good for n/a some say its good for boost, some say its not good. I personally don't know and I have never seen anyone who has put one on show a dyno slip before and after. I talked to my mechanic in Fl when I was going to do this upgrade and he told me not to because it would be a waste of money and I wouldnt get any power increase. I believed him because he use to build ferraris. I'm not gonna say he was right or anyone who backs the idea that it does create more power, but it would be nice if someone had a dyno slip to show any power increase so this debate could finally be answered once and for all.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”