Improve your vision!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Improve your vision!

Post by fowljesse »

I replaced my little rear window with a piece of Polycarbonate, and took out the plastic trim, so I can see better, and I'm impressed! You all know what it looks like, but here's a couple pics for comparison:

And here's what it looks like now!

I'm going to tint these with the stuff I do the big one, sides, and Moonroof, when it's all done. I left it high enough to meet the big window, when I make it come all the way back, over where the garnish, or spoiler goes. It's going to be sofa king cool!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Re: Improve your vision!

Post by Flyer »

The powerlines made me think you had a hugeass crack on your hatch glass >_>
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

P.S.
It's got tape in the corners, holding the bend while it cures. I used the same tape that I'm sending with the visors, and it takes 2 days to fully cure. Also, I'm going to take out the 3rd brake light, and put in a strip of LEDs, above the part you see through. AND, when I put in the big window, I'll be able to see through the black part around the edges, and where the wiper was.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Those powerlines tried to foil mw visor pics, too. I should cut them down. Also, the dude I got the car from tried to tint the window, and scratched it
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow I'm definately doing this once we get our CF hatches!!
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

wow i that that idea, tobad my back windows tinted really dark. but yea if i ever get the tint removed or window replaced i think i might try and do that
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

Yeah that frees up quite a bit of window space.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey.. u should do a bulk buy on these..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

They are easy enough that I can make them for whomever wants them. I could do them for about $40 shipped to the U.S., maybe less. I can do various levels of tint, too, even custom colors (a red one would look awesome on a red car, and you could take the red cover off the brake light!).The hard part is getting your window out. I can send these with the double sided tape attatched so you just stick them on, and instructions how to get yours out without breaking it.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Did you get the big one made?
Cody
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I decided to wait until I get the hatch from the group buy, and try to sell my metal one intact. I will put it on my worklog as soon as I do it, though. The lexan has been sitting behind my couch for a long time now.
What I assume I'll do is:
Make a template of the window, and cut the plastic with an inch all around, then heat it up a little, and bend it over the glass, and clamp it all over with rubber footed clamps, until it seems to be at the edge of breaking. Then I'll let it sit with hot halogen lamps on it, and heat blankets (if they seem to get hot enough). Then I'll come back and heat the sharpest bends with a propane torch, and clamp it more, repeating until it's the right shape. The guy at the plastics manufacturer said I could bend it cold into place, and rivet it, but I don't want that much tension in it.

Return to “Appearance”