new hood

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mx3optidrive

new hood

Post by mx3optidrive »

I know not everyone reads the worklogs, so I am going to post this in here too.

Well, I finally decided on a hood and a place to get one. I wanted to get a invader style or inverted style hood so I could get rid of some of the heat in the engine compartment, but I didn't want to get a carbon fiber hood. I am not into the black hood on a red car thing so I am wanting to paint the hood and for that fact I thought getting a CF hood would be a waste of money for me.

I talked to Oscar from Pakfeifer Canada, also know on here as EZ_4_FUN, and he let me know that he could get one made up in 5 working days and shipped to me as soon as it was done. Well, then was the big question, can I get it in fiberglass instead of CF and to my surprise he said it would be no problem because the same mold can be used for either product. After talking to him about the shipped price, I took a couple weeks to think about it and talk it over with the wife.

I finally gave Oscar the okay and waited for my hood. After 5 days, he told me that is was finished and would be shipped out as soon as he could get it out. It was a Friday when it was ordered, so it wasn't started to be made until Monday. The following Monday, he told me it was ready and a couple days later he got me the tracking number and it arrived at my place the Monday that just passed. So it took 2 weeks total, to have it made and shipped to me. :love:

Overall, I am very pleased with the whole transaction and will definetly be doing more business with him, I am thinking of getting a MS bumper from him next. Also, the hood is very nicely built and the fitment is really good. I really like how the hood has the under skeleton like the factory hood does and there is a spot for the hood prop and the hinges line up with the hood too.

I would just like to thank Oscar for everything and you will be hearing from me.

On with the pics:

Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Re: new hood

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I'm happy to hear that you had no setbacks!

two thumbs up for me!!
:D

Enjoy!!

Now, who's interested in a Carbon Fiber Hatch ????

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

mx3optidrive wrote: I am not into the black hood on a red car thing so I am wanting to paint the hood and for that fact I thought getting a CF hood would be a waste of money for me.
You can paint CF t match the body colour! :welder: But all I see are X's!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Yes, you can paint CF, but like he said its a waste of money if in the end the CF is covered; no point.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Yes, you can paint CF, but like he said its a waste of money if in the end the CF is covered; no point.
I guess everybody forgot about the weight difference? :roll:
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Mooneggs wrote:
EZ_4_FUN wrote:Yes, you can paint CF, but like he said its a waste of money if in the end the CF is covered; no point.
I guess everybody forgot about the weight difference? :roll:

How much of a weight difference can there really be between fiberglass and CF? I can't see it being more than a couple ounces if that.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

The weight difference between CF and FG is nil.

I think mooneggs was referring to the difference between a composite hood Vs the factory steel one.
OSKY

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:The weight difference between CF and FG is nil.
I think mooneggs was referring to the difference between a composite hood Vs the factory steel one.
indeed :mrgreen:
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

I like the look of that hood. Looks sweet
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

coltfoet5 wrote:I like the look of that hood. Looks sweet
Thanks, I really like it.
Mooneggs wrote:
EZ_4_FUN wrote:The weight difference between CF and FG is nil.
indeed :mrgreen:
Sorry I thought you were saying there was a difference in weight between the CF and Fiberglass. But, hell yeah, there is a big difference between the stock, which I sold about 4 years ago, and this one.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”