Trade MX-3 for RX-7?

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
thecause17

Trade MX-3 for RX-7?

Post by thecause17 »

I bought a Mazda RX-7 a few weeks ago. It's a 1st gen, FB, 1985. I wanted to test the waters to see if anyone wanted to trade for it. Here's the details on the car. <p>Southern car....It came to PA in 1999, and has never been driven on a PA road. Last title was in TN. The body is perfect, no rust. It's a GSL-SE. For those of you who don't know, this is the pretty much the rarest 1st gen, and it was the fastest RX-7 produced until the Turbo II came out in 1987. It's a 13B fuel injected 135hp engine. All other 1st gens got a 100hp 12A engine that was carbed....this was the first 13B to come in an RX-7....Even later years(including FD's) used different version of the 13B... Car has 4 wheel disc, vented front AND rear, had 410 gears, limited slip, rear wheel drive, near 50/50 weight distribution. <p>The car did not run when I got it....the engine was blown. I have bought and replaced that engine with a j-spec with 15k miles onit. I'm in the final stages of finsihing it up right now. The interior was orginally all red. I have redone the interior black, with red accents....I even replaced the cracked red dash with the mint condition black one. The car has base model 2nd gen wheels on it, which are lighter than the stock ones. I'm running 185's up front, and 215's in the rear. These cars are rated at 15.9 stock, and handle like crazy. I have added as mods, and e-fan, pineapple racing 6 port sleeves, and removed the A/c, which offers about 75lbs of weight reduction. The car has Mazda 626 seats in it. Paint is ok, but it could use a respray. The front bumper cover is cracked, but I am replacing it. car has 220k miles, but as I've stated, the motor is vurtually new, and I am restoring the rest of the car, and it's a southern rust free body. This is not a good car touse KBB to value....I am told by other RX-7 owners, due to the rarity of this model, that it could easily sell for 2k once I have it running. I'd expect a 15.5 or so at the track in it's current state. These are also excellant autocross cars, and respond extremely well to mods. I am told high 13's with basic mods. Not bad. Here's a couple pics. <p>I just always kinda wanted an MX-3 or MX-3 since I got rid of my PGT, and was curious if anyone would want to trade. This will run a good bit faster than a stock MX-3 V-6, and it's not even inthe same handling class....<p>I'd prefer a V-6 MX-3, and it doesn't have to run, but must be 5-speed. A GS with a blown motor would be ideal. :) But if you have a 4 banger, let me know too.
'99 Ranger XLT Offroad 4.0 4x4
thecause17

Re: Trade MX-3 for RX-7?

Post by thecause17 »

Oh pics...<p>
Image<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

DAAAYYYYYUUUUMMMMM!!!!<p> Man That is SUPER- CLEAN!!!<p> That is in GREAT SHAPE!!!<p>Beautiful car, man... I wish I could buy it!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Drive up here and we'll swap. ;) <p>
TTT
93' blackmx3

Post by 93' blackmx3 »

hey man. thats a nice car. I have a 93' GS with a 1.6L dohc 4cyl. If your interested let me knoe. My E-Mail is SNOOP753@aol.com
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

If it's a GS, wouldn't it have the V-6? Maybe you slipped, R and G are close on the keyboard. :) RS right?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ryan Schafer:
hey man. thats a nice car. I have a 93' GS with a 1.6L dohc 4cyl. If your interested let me knoe. My E-Mail is SNOOP753@aol.com<hr></blockquote>
93 didnt come with a 1.6 dohc. It Came with a SOHC four.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
93' blackmx3

Post by 93' blackmx3 »

It's a 93' GS dohc 1.6L 4cyl.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Man rx7!!! Dammit too far away...
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ryan Schafer:
It's a 93' GS dohc 1.6L 4cyl.<hr></blockquote><p>Prove it....GS's had V-6's and '93 4cyl were SOHC. Unless someone seriously swapped, and I dunno why you would want to take the V-6 out and put the 4cyl in, it's not what you have. Show me pics.
inhalinnitrous

Post by inhalinnitrous »

I live in Boston and might be intersted in the rx7 I have a 93 GS wit 135k new water pump and timing belt, custom cold air intake,hollowed out cat, fx chin spoiler, indiglo gauges, blue leds under seats. and a couple of other things. e-mail me at inhalinnitrous@aol.com if you want to see if we can make a deal on it. T.J. :D
<A HREF="http://www.gotspeed.net" TARGET=_blank>www.gotspeed.net</A>
inhalinnitrous

Post by inhalinnitrous »

I also have another mx3 v6 if you don't want mine the other needs alittle work because it has like 200k on it and has been sitting for a little while but I'm sure we can work something out. I live in Boston and am willing to drive to PA to get the RX7 and drop off the MX3 so e-mail me so that we can talk
T.J.
inhalinnitrous@aol.com
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Haha, gettem perry!
inhalinnitrous

Post by inhalinnitrous »

wuz up do you want to make a deal? let me know as soon as you can. some guy offered me $4000 for my mx3 but I want a rx7 so let me know.
T.J.
:D
thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Well, I'm really only looking to do an even trade....and I'm sure you won't do that with your running MX-3. What does the other MX-3 need? You got pics?

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”