O2 wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: O2 wiring

Post by shameem »

shameem wrote:All the info is available either in the online manual or through searching this board....
azkcar135 wrote:having people do my work for me??? are you kidding me i knew someone had to know what four little wires do. i tried to look and it didn't turn out that well. sorry but a post like you posted was worthless so why even post it? thats why i called you a smart @$$.
Telling you where to find the information you seek is "worthless" and a "smart a--" remark? You expected someone would go into the online manual and look up the wire colors for you - isnt that the definition of entitlement - trying to get someone to do your work for you? You repeatedly bash the search engine - but how much time and intelligence would it take to substitute "oxygen" instead of "O2". And you have tried to berate people just for pointing you to information and not spoon feeding you - which is what you expected. Anyways if you dont like how this community works you are welcome to find another community that suits you.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

seriously, ive seen shorter posts describing a complete engine swap...
but sometimes it saves alot of hassle just to post the answer rather than to tell someone to search, the idea of the forums is to bring people together to help one another out, even if it does involve repeating yourself, comes with the territory.
:shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

tmac4t4 wrote:but sometimes it saves alot of hassle just to post the answer rather than to tell someone to search,
saves a lot of hassle to whom? to the people that are not willing to do even basic research for their own cars?
tmac4t4 wrote:the idea of the forums is to bring people together to help one another out,
exactly - "help" each other - not leech off of others - and definitely not blaming others for not spoon feeding information
tmac4t4 wrote:even if it does involve repeating yourself, comes with the territory.
How many times have you repeated yourself in your experience here or any other forum - how many times does it take before you go "what is wrong with people" - Especially when they dont even bother to read a few posts down from their post?
tmac4t4 wrote:seriously, ive seen shorter posts describing a complete engine swap...
Then why bother adding to it?

You have a right to say what you want here - and in this case you are saying that members shouldnt just point to a source of information - but research, read, understand and distill the information for anyone who comes asking -again and again - if someone is not willing to do all that then they shouldnt post at all - is that your opinion?

If it is - i respectfully disagree and i hope you will be able to respect and understand my point of view and my right to hold that point of view.
Leedeth

Post by Leedeth »

I agree with Shameem, if it's obviously something that's simple to find or been over many times, then initially tell them to search or where to find it, and if they come back again after doing their research, tell them what they need to know.

If it's something you know off the top of your head and won't take long to post, why not post it?

Hey, at least there wasn't a "GTFO and RTFM n00b" post and then the topic locked, like in some forums. :freak:
92 MX-3 RS (B6-ME, MTX) - front/rear strut bars
Savin

Post by Savin »

The main problem with repeatedly posting the same thing is when you do use the seaech feature. Once something has been said over and over, the search function ignores the word because it would turn out too many results. "O2" has been ignored because people use it to discribe problems or when people are helping diagnose the problem related to the oxygen sensors. Yes, the search feature is screwed up, but as I said, only due to repeatedly posting the same thing. As Shameem said, If a word is ignored like "O2" substitute it. Granted, in some instances there are words that ignored that can't be substituted easily. (refers to bubsy83) Like what Shammem siad, it won't kill you to read through results for more than 2 seconds. Even though you might not find exactly what you are looking for, you will find other info that may be relevant to your problem. When I was looking for a color code for the interior, I spend a good amount of time reading through countless posts, it wasn't until after I read all those posts that I posted a thread asking for the code. Uncamara found the info I requested on the main page under "Interior". In that location, it could have been easily overlooked, But since I TRIED to find what I was looking for, someone was willing to help.

All you have to do is TRY, It might take longer to find your answer, but you will also learn other things in the process, and spending only a few minutes searching and not getting the answer you require to to a COMMON word being ignored, It DOES NOT entitle you to be spoon fed your answer, unless you're on your deathbed or something :roll: . Even still, if you're on your deathbed, why would yu be looking up ways to fix a car :?:

In all this ranting, this consists of FACTS anf my own opinion. (I just thought I'd clarify that.)
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

when i said repeating yourself, i didnt mean to the same person, if someone asks you the same thing over and over your natural response would be to tell them where to go..but in a particular forum such as this there is going to be new people comming and going, and not everyone is computer literate (or even plain ol' literate for that matter) so doing an indepth search may not be easy. that being said, i definatley dont think people should be asking before trying to do research on their own time, and i have definatley noticed there have been some VERY stupid questions asked..but at the same time, i was always taught there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers..when i joined this forum, i searched and searched to try and diagnose a problem i was having with my car, i was reluctant at first to post a thread because i was worried of the response i might get, however people were very nice and gave me ideas and it helped me solve the problem, alot more helpful than telling me to search more...anyways this has gotten way off topic
ImageImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Did I waste my time posting the O2 sensor information here?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Savin

Post by Savin »

Possibly considering from your original post, you didn't post that info too long ago. I don't know how anyone could have missed it, it was like 5 topics down afterall. :roll: I guess some people are vision impaired. You did it to help, and people, like me, respect you for that.

EDIT: ok...it is 19 topics down from this current time, my bad, lol.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fighttillyoudie0

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

Chill out guys

:D
azkcar135

Post by azkcar135 »

Daninski wrote:Did I waste my time posting the O2 sensor information here?
no, it helped me thank you.

as for "shameem" do you really think i'm that stupid of course i looked up o2 and oxygen sensor. none of the ones if any popped up pertained to my problem. you don't need to define words for me you just make yourself look like an @$$ even more. i'll admit i don't know alot about these cars and sometimes people like me get frustrated and need info fast and can't find it then a post like yours does nothing but make things worse! so in the future just don't answer it if you don't have the info!
new to mx-3, just bought one 1992 gs $900 good deal or not?
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

azkcar135, if you do not have anything useful to post please do not post it on these forums.

Shameem was simply trying to direct you, in the right direction, and help you with searching on this forum, which in my opinion works fine. You just have to know how to search, and narrow down the results without just doing an open search on all sub-forums in the site.

Shameem may have offended you by his comments, but I see where he is coming from, and in now way do I see him as being a smartass.

Also, please stop using language and spelling that tries to avoid the sites censorship features. if you continue as I have seen in this thread, I will have to agree with Shameem again, and ask you to go elsewhere. I am sure there are other communities that my welcome you. Then again maybe not.

Smarten up or go elsewhere.

Note to Moderators: Please when locking a post, first reply for yourself to the thread explaining why the thread was locked. I am re-locking this thread now that everyone can hopefully see why it was locked int he first place.
Oh if anyone needs to reread the rules of this forum, they are posted in the FAQ section, please browse or SEARCH for them.

Thanks,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”